Kicked By Punkbuster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicked By Punkbuster

I recently had to reinstall windows onto my pc plus eveything else. Not a problem just time consuming.

When I went to play BF2 I got kicked from every server for a punkbuster problem, something to do with a pbag.dll.

DONE MY HEAD IN.

So I then searched through alot of forums looking for a solution. The general thought was to manually update punkbuster.

I done that all day.

I spent all day uninstalling/installing BF2.

No good.

Was getting frustrated and thought lets hope that a new update comes out soon.

Any way the reason for this post is that I found someone else on a forum somewhere with exactly the same problem and now that my BF2 is working I thought that I would tell him I got mine to work.

Sods law I cannot find the link so hopefully whoever you are will find this.

I uninstalled BF2 completely.

I then installed it (was getting used to it by now)

I then went and played a multiplayer map (working so far) WITHOUT ANY UPDATES

I then installed the 103 patch (hoping)

Went and done all my settings again ( yes again)

Started multiplayer and waited to get kicked again.

Did not happen, I played for 3 different maps and all was well.

Hopefully that person whose thread I read finds mine and gets sorted.
    Was getting really p###ed off with it all.

Not saying that this will work because I have read all about what should work and it didn't for me. Hopefully it will.

By the way I DID NOT UPDATE PUNKBUSTER

Re: Kicked By Punkbuster

So basically all you did was re install. Once (not counting the install you had to do). Basically you just had a corrupt install.

Comment

punkbuster sucks, this is the point,

Comment

Don't know what the problem was. If I had a corrupt install it must have happened every single time I installed the game. As I said earlier I spent all day reinstalling BF2.

All I know was that everytime I went to play BF2 with the new patch I would get kicked by punkbuster, with a pbag.dll error, like punkbuster was not updating, doing its job properly, even when I manually updated it.
        Just thought that I would post how I solved it because like I said earlier I know other people are having the same problem.

Comment

Working...
        X