Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commander assets repairing themselves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander assets repairing themselves...

A quick question.

I C4 commander assets and almost as fast as I blow them up, they get repaired. What's up?

Usually, arty is horizontal when this happens. There are no Supply boxes or Enemy personnel in the area. Does it have something to do with the enemy having no commander?

Be seeing you...
    lemming

Re: Commander assets repairing themselves...

never seen anything happen like that before. I thought assets had to be repaired with a crate or an engineer. I'm gonna have to go take a look

MASH battlefield 2

Comment

As far as I know they don’t, but if the commander use’s the engineer kit he will more often than not stay near his assets and fix them very quick.

Comment

Ive had it happen where as commander, my assets were destroyed, and then I would be killed by something, and when I would respawn, the assets would be repaired & working just fine again. Not sure if thats how its supposed to be or not, but its happened quite a few times.

Comment

It does seem that they do repair themselves. Because when you return the arty will look new and like it was never fired.

Comment

Are you sure you blew them up to begin with? It takes 2 c4 bags to blow just one up...not saying you are dumb...just making sure.

Also - are you staying in the area and watching them self repair? I know when I go out and wreck them I am not in the area when I blow them up. I do the same for repairing, I get them up and going and get the heck out. Most of the time just doing a quick drive by in a jeep, not bothering to get them to full. As long as I get them up and going, and get one repair pt for it - I am good with that and move on.

Comment

It's happened to me before, I've blown them up asked for a supply drop (far enough away not to repair) rearmed then went back to check if an engineer was repairing them and they were back up and running as if I'd not blown them up very odd

Comment

well....they will repair themeslf if no one will repair them, but that usually happens after alot of time, never seen it happening fast.

Comment

On Dragon Valley the Arty repairs atfer about 30 seconds on most servers I played. Very annoying. Why even bother blowing them up?

This may have changed after the lastest patch. I have not been back to that map.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesg5000
                    On Dragon Valley the Arty repairs atfer about 30 seconds on most servers I played. Very annoying. Why even bother blowing them up?

This may have changed after the lastest patch. I have not been back to that map.
                    Yes it was on dragon valley where I have seen it, not seen on any others.

Comment

I had an engineer in a dune buggy pull up to my arty on Oman last night and fix them in a matter of seconds.....could have been a commander in a jeep doing a quick drive-by to fix them ?

Comment

Did you actually see the artillery piece destroyed, or just plant 2 sticks, run away, blow it and not look back?

Sometimes, one of the C4 seems to be a 'dud' and it will not actually destroy the asset, just damage it.

Not discounting other explanations, could be a different glitch

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                          I had an engineer in a dune buggy pull up to my arty on Oman last night and fix them in a matter of seconds.....could have been a commander in a jeep doing a quick drive-by to fix them ?
                          Nope nobody was around, I would of heard a jeep pull up and dispatched them.

Comment

Originally posted by Real_2St0n3d
                            Did you actually see the artillery piece destroyed, or just plant 2 sticks, run away, blow it and not look back?

Sometimes, one of the C4 seems to be a 'dud' and it will not actually destroy the asset, just damage it.

Not discounting other explanations, could be a different glitch
                            Fully blown up 2, 1 semi blown (oh er misses) both fully blown up repaired by time I got back from rearm which was about 10-15 seconds

Comment

I've seen this too, I think it's a new bug.

Also, if there is a supply crate next to the Arty and you put 2 c4's on it it won't completely destroy the Arty.
                              The fix, before detonating the c4, destroy the crate next to it with a hand grenade. Then they will be destroyed by 2 c4's.

Comment

Working...
                              X