Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing better than a long tank shot downing jet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing better than a long tank shot downing jet?

I hate jets and, when possible, I always take a shot with the main tank gun. Other day in Zatar this jet is off in horizon, barely visible, moving to my left. I line up and lead him by about half a mile, fire, and after what seems like eternity, jet blows up. Damn satisfying shot..............

It's also a lot of fun to nail choppers with the tank, but they're a lot easier to hit than jets. Jets are the real challenge.

Still, I wish EA would give us a realistic and viable way to shoot down jets and helis.

Re: Nothing better than a long tank shot downing jet?

there is a great way to take down a jet that no one ever talks about, everyone just complains about aa. the best way to take down a jet is with another jet!

Comment

i nailed a chopper an zatar last monday... perfect shot from a tank...

Comment

Too bad air-to-air combat takes ~5 minutes of flying in loops, circles, twists, turns and a rearming or two before you get the bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by alexroyce
          Too bad air-to-air combat takes ~5 minutes of flying in loops, circles, twists, turns and a rearming or two before you get the bastard.
          That is why I almost never bother with air to air (unless I have a J10 and they have some crappy one, then it's not too hard). Because of the crappy air to air, I go mostly air to ground

Comment

If all the pilots went air-to-ground, then this game would be sooo much worse on maps with infantry. I've played in games where the pilots of each team had a silent agreement to leave each other alone in the air, and the results were that armor wouldn't live for more than a few minutes, and if you were out in the open for more than a few seconds, you were dead.

The BEST way to take down a pilot is with a better pilot. However, if the opponents have a really good pilot that easily beats your pilots, getting in the air is a waste of time, and you're pretty much screwed.

I can understand stingers having trouble with planes, but at least the mobile AA vehicles should have a chance at taking down a plane. They get owned by choppers, and run out of missiles quickly anyway, they deserve to be a threat to planes.

~Salad

Comment

It's a hell of a lot of fun to take a jet down with a tank shell, mostly because it's so amazingly rare and hard. I did it just once, and it was cool. Everyone on the server thought I was highly skilled, or hacking. Ahh, those were the days...it was actually mostly just luck. :P

Comment

Working...
              X