Bailing on loser teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailing on loser teams

Do you bail on teams that are obviously crappy? I now will leave a server within 2 mins if I feel the team is crap and I have no chance of winning or if my k/d ration will suffer from being on that team. It doesn't take long to figure out if you're on such a team. Usually if you join a server in mid game and there's like one spawn point available you know that team sucks and you're going to get killed repeatedly with no chance so I don't even bother.

I just wish I had figured that out months ago.

Re: Bailing on loser teams

the best trick: when the teams are even and you are stuck on a retarted team. Click to join the other team, make sure you have your finger on Insert key as well. As soon as you click to join other team, hit insert.

Done right, you will be on the other team, and not able to get switched back. Wait for the teams to even out again, and then leave your squad and join a good one, or get people to join yours.

Comment

I must admit this is something I dont do mid-match whens its the end of the round I change sides or servers, but I hate it when the commander just goes & leaves you in the sh**t.

Comment

If I was to bail on a crap team, then I would never be playing bF2 anymore...:laugh:

Comment

what does the insert key do???

Comment

I like joining the losing team. Its so easy to be on the winning team but where is the fun if there is no challenge.

Normally I will just sit in whatever team i join on though. winning or losing - im with them to the end!

Comment

insert creates a new squad. In 1.3 squad leaders can't get team changed.

Comment

^nice tip thanks

Comment

To be honest with you i pretty much log in let the game get me a server and thats it i dont move from that server and i dont change teams (unless it logs me onto another kurkland server and im not up for kurkland). I can understand what your saying but best game of my life was on wake island and it was 4 v 15 or something mad like that we didnt win a single round but the 4 of us on the chinese side must of had a frag rate of 2 or 3. Sometimes if your on a good team its just dam hard to find people to kill or a flag to cap but on the crap team you know theres gonna be plenty of players there to kill and flags to cap. One thing that is so annoying is getting team switched when you are owning with a good squad i would seriously like to see squad members not included in auto switches just send them the lonewolfs. Its dam hard finding a good squad at times it actualy only happens to me every now and again so it makes it more annoying when i actualy get one to be switched to the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by dashizller91

it's also handy to do if you are in a squad and notice that you team has 3-5 more players than them, to leave your squad and create your own. So you won't get switched.

If you can get all your best players to do that (those that aren't leaders already) then the poor scmoes not in squads can get switched and leave the good players on your team.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob
                      the best trick: when the teams are even and you are stuck on a retarted team. Click to join the other team, make sure you have your finger on Insert key as well. As soon as you click to join other team, hit insert.

Done right, you will be on the other team, and not able to get switched back. Wait for the teams to even out again, and then leave your squad and join a good one, or get people to join yours.
                      AND immediately create a squad so you don't get switched back to the losing team.

Comment

I've left a couple of games on the new Wake map where within 2 minutes the US had capped or put to neutral all the flags. Everyone bombed off in planes and choppers and no one thought about defence (defense if youre US ).

Its a rare occassion you get a good squad, never mind a good side. I do like the challenge of trying to break an assault and I've swum across the bay of Wake so many times now to cap an unprotected flag that Im getting webbed feet!

Only one thing wrong with that map, no boats for the China side.....who on earth would set up a huge base on an island and not bring any boats along!!

Comment

I usually wait a few rounds before deciding if the team is really bad. Some maps if you get off to a bad start it's almost impossible to come back. Or other people quitting may switch some of the good people from the other team. If I get the highest score on my team repeatedly I consider it a bad sign.

Comment

Originally posted by dashizller91
                            nice,,thats good to know,,thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob

That's actually a real nice trick there. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X