Dropping ONE bomb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping ONE bomb?

I was playing as USMC on gulf of oman, i had stolen su-34 and was bascamping the mec airfield. I got alot of kills by the machinegun on the su-34. But sometimes when I dropped bombs only one or two bombs cam out, so i could bomb twice without reload.

This has happend on various maps with boths bombers and fighters.
    The point is that i dont know how to do it, it just happens.
    So, if you have experienced this please post and if you know how to do it (if its not a bug) plaese post that too.

=Sealinear

Re: Dropping ONE bomb?

its a bug

Comment

Originally posted by =Sealinear
      I was playing as USMC on gulf of oman, i had stolen su-34 and was bascamping the mec airfield. I got alot of kills by the machinegun on the su-34. But sometimes when I dropped bombs only one or two bombs cam out, so i could bomb twice without reload.

This has happend on various maps with boths bombers and fighters.
      The point is that i dont know how to do it, it just happens.
      So, if you have experienced this please post and if you know how to do it (if its not a bug) plaese post that too.

=Sealinear

When you start your bombing, pressing F or switcing to missles any other way in the middle of the process stops it.

Comment

and sometimes it just happens when it feels like it. And sometimes you can get it to cycle back to full bombing runs.... and sometimes you can't.

Comment

It's not a bug, I do it all the time on purpose. Real men only use one bomb at a time when using fighters. You can switch it to 1 bomb mode by:

1. Dropping your 2 bombs
          2. Fly over the airfield horizontally, only to arm one bomb
          3. Drop that bomb
          4. Reload 2 bombs.

You can reverse it by just doing over again, I guess you can say, except arm and drop 2 bombs at the same time.

Comment

I don't see why it has to be all or nothing. I could literally change the code to make them drop 1 bomb at a time in under 10 minutes (and that's for every plane in the game). It's a simple fix, but such a waste of ammunition to drop EVERYTHING on a target. Not to mention begging for TK's. =/

Comment

I'm pretty sure with bombers it works kinda the same way, such as if you only rearm 3 bombs when you fly over the airfield, drop those, come back and get 5, you'll only drop 3 the first time, then 2 the second.

Comment

Yeah that's annoying. When that happens I just do a full reload, press my bomb drop button once (don't drop the remaining bombs), then fly over the airfield to reload again and the next time I drop it's the full load and the bug is gone.

Comment

What bug are you talking about? Plus, REAL men get 2 bombs, drop 1 bomb, switch to missiles, then drop another bomb.

Very easy, hit F to switch to bombs (default) and when you feel like stopping them, hit F again to switch to missiles.

Comment

Originally posted by [i]_Bleed_to_Death
                    What bug are you talking about? Plus, REAL men get 2 bombs, drop 1 bomb, switch to missiles, then drop another bomb.

Very easy, hit F to switch to bombs (default) and when you feel like stopping them, hit F again to switch to missiles.
                    The 'When you fly over the airfield long enough the load one bomb and only drop one bomb at a time afterwards' bug.

What kind of REAL men are you talking about?.....

Comment

Originally posted by Underpant
                      It's not a bug, I do it all the time on purpose. Real men only use one bomb at a time when using fighters. You can switch it to 1 bomb mode by:

1. Dropping your 2 bombs
                      2. Fly over the airfield horizontally, only to arm one bomb
                      3. Drop that bomb
                      4. Reload 2 bombs.

You can reverse it by just doing over again, I guess you can say, except arm and drop 2 bombs at the same time.
                      This.

Comment

i see...

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysanchez
                          its a bug
                          not really. There's a way to set up any jet to drop one bomb.

fighters can be set up to drop 1 bomb at a time (giving you 2 bombing chances) and you are more accurate.

With bombers, you drop 1 bomb, and the next time you will drop 2. It's east to set up too. Just takes practice.

We use it all the time. We'll have 2-3 fighters. We can take out any threat on ground without having to reload after every bobminb run.

Comment

Yeah, there really is no need for two bombs unless there's a tank terrorizing your team, and you need two bombs to take it out(steep angle bombing), but I typically find 1 enough for APCs because I tear them up with my vulcan so much before bombing. Sometimes I'll just run by the APC with the vulcan twice and put it to rest.

Comment

Right clicking while you have no bombs seems to activate this too.

Comment

Working...
                              X