Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing Ping

Hello,
    I recently purchased BF2 but because i live in regional Australia its hard to find servers clos eot home. My internet is a 512kbps connection and i was wondering how to reduce my ping. At the moment my average ping is about 250 and thats after portforwarding and other tweaks . I was wondering if you huys have any ideas on how to lower my ping.
    Thanks

Re: Reducing Ping

that's kind of a problem. there really ins't a way. get some buddies on the island to get it also and play with them...

Comment

hey mate, im from austalia as well but i got 1.5 meg and i usaully play on icoNZ servers, but im not sure why you have 250 ping , do you play on aussie/newzealand/thailand servers they would be the lowest ping for you they are for me anyway, and maybe reducing your graphics a bit may help , but as i said im not quite sure how you can reduce your ping, i would think 512 would be good enough to play on aussie servers with less than 250 ping

Comment

Thanx for replying and if you could give me the iP for some Aussie servers that would be great Thanks Again

Comment

250! that doesnt sound right. Im capped to 28.8 Kbps at te moment and im getting a ping of 180! So how does that work!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by implode
            that's kind of a problem. there really ins't a way. get some buddies on the island to get it also and play with them...
            regional australia = on the island rofl!!!

gamearena - internode - ogn

these should have the best pings for you - type one in server browser

Comment

I am in the U.S. on a 128k ISDN connection and I ping about 150 to all servers in the U.S. and I cannot play on overseas servers. So 250 on a 512k connection is a little bizzare. What do you get when you do a pingtest through a website? I'm just curious if it's different than in BF2.

Comment

Working...
              X