How i solved 5 Problems with 1.03 Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How i solved 5 Problems with 1.03 Patch

Hello everyone. Hope this post is helpful to you !
    It took me a long time to make Battlefield 2 work after i installed 1.03 Patch . BF2 is one doggy game , and i went through many problems , here are few of em :
    1) While installing 1.03 patch , patch crashed with a message "PATCHING FAILED"
    2) After manually installing 1.03 patch game wouldn't run at all.
    3) After installing 1.03 on top of 1.02 game would start but would crash when i pressed "join server"
    4) After i reinstalled the game , patched it to 1.02 then 1.03 manually => installed cd-key manually i would get a message " INVALID CD-KEY" when trying to connect to a BF2 server.
    ( Hope this isn't too confusing :P )

Solution :
    1) If you get a PATCHING FAILED message while installing 1.02 patch or 1.03 you have to install it manually . To do so you have to run the patch => select language => press START => RUN => type %temp% => there should be a folder there that looks like this {BBAECFBB-E616-4251-ADDE-D451E56C74A0} ( there will be a patch.exe inside of it ) => copy all the files from that folder and paste em into BF2 folder = > open patch.exe and it will patch the game.
    2) Sometimes after installing 1.03 (especially manually ) game would crash straight after you open it. Black window for about 4 seconds and then it crashes into windows. How i fixed it : i unistalled BF2 (including all the profiles ) => installed it into a different folder => manually patched it to 1.02 => manually patched it to 1.03 . Game runs perfectly now in single player , but when i click "JOIN SERVER" game crashes to windows again ....
    3) .... thats a cd-key problem . When you manually installed patch for BF2 it incrypts the cd-key in the register , so you have to enter it again :
    open BF2/Support/Battlefield 2_code.exe and enter your cd-key AGAIN.

AFTER I DID ALL 3 STEPS ABOVE MY GAME WAS PERFECTLY RUNNING.
    Played for about 13 hours , with NO problems at all.
    BUT
    4) I had to reinstal the game because of a different reason. And after i did that i found a new problem. Now after i did steps (1)(2) and (3) and tryed joining server it would give me a new error message : INVALID CD-KEY. I tryed entering it again and again. Reinstalling the game about 2 times and trying different things , but the problem was in Punkbuster. It wasn't correct version ( Dunno why it gave me wrong cd-key error tho if its PB's problem ) to update your punkbuster you have to download a file into your pb folder http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbweb.exe

Thats how i solved all of them probs with BF2 . It's a really great game imo but it has loads of issues because of its gamecode . Hope future patches will solve them problems without so much hassle .

Note : i'm using AMD 4400+ X2 and it works grand

P.S. Hope you might understand something from this really confusing text :laugh:

Re: How i solved 5 Problems with 1.03 Patch

holy sh*t

Comment

Re: How i solved 5 Problems with 1.03 Patch

errr....Space out your text next time, I have a serious headache

Comment

Working...
      X