English please - language question in game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English please - language question in game

I know that it's very cute & accurate to have audible commands in Arab and Chinese but it's actually a disadvantage to those teams from a teamplay perspective.

"Enemy armor spotted"
    "hit this position"
    "We need repairs here"
    "I need a medic"

these all create an instant result but hearing them in a foreign language only serves those who actually read the commands [not many.]

As a commander, if you instruct a squad outside of English, you can be pretty much assured they wont respond/ do it. Plus the value of actually getting a mechanic to come get you or a commander to drop supplies.

So why can't <or can you> select a default as English for all commands, is there a setting?

Except of course for "vahala malooshy vidah" which is MEC for enemy infantry spotted of course.

Re: English please - language question in game

theres an option to get only english for audio i cant remeber where it was

Comment

its in the options tab. those sneaky bastards hid it exactly where i would look. how diabolical. click it and everybody has an american accent, how grand.

Comment

Just select "English VO Only" in audio options... I hate the chinese and mec commands, and it slows down the game.

Comment

i keep the other languages on so if you hear an enemy shouting 'frag out!' in arabic you know to let it pretty quickly

Comment

Originally posted by iNGy
            i keep the other languages on so if you hear an enemy shouting 'frag out!' in arabic you know to let it pretty quickly
            It is much easier to understand what enemies are saying if it is English. If you hear "Frag out" from anyone, you should run (unless you want to punish them).

Comment

i just prefer to be able to distinguish the voice of an enemy to that of a friendly instantly thats all

Comment

WOW i never knew!! I was watching BF2 Modern Combat and was like WTF they are all speaking english!! Thanks guys!

Comment

Sadly, now I cant wait to leave work and go home and play w/ English.

This game is like a really bad Crack habit.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
                    It is much easier to understand what enemies are saying if it is English. If you hear "Frag out" from anyone, you should run (unless you want to punish them).
                    its easy to understand, impossible to tell who is saying it.

Comment

Here in Sweden, if you buy the Swedish version of the game all amercians speaks Swedish and the best part is that you cant change it.

It sounds nuts!

Comment

I'm with glasseye, if someone behind me is calling for ammo I want to know if it's really abdullah the teammate or joey USMC about to knife me in the back (because he's out of ammo)

Comment

wouldnt mind that feature for a bit of verety

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but after all those hours played I just know what "enemy infantry spotted" and "enemy armor spotted" is. I just recognise it.

I'm not saying I know them all, but pretty much all those that are important.

Comment

Im not really at that stage yet and ive forgotten it due to hardly playing since 1.3 due to technical problems

Comment

Working...
                              X