Video card help, please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video card help, please!!

I'm sure you guys get sick of posts like these, but I really need some advice. I just purchased a DIAMOND Radeon 9250 256MB DDR PCI video card, then I was told that BF2 does not support this card. Am I completely stuck or is there any way to get around it and still play, even if at reduced performance. If there is a fix, is there anyone out there who has successfully played BF2 with this card? Thanks for any help you can give!

-Rob

Re: Video card help, please!!

Nope. That car doesn't support direct X 9.0. You're out of luck.

Comment

According to newegg.com and the Diamond site, the card does support direct x 9. Problem is, it wasn't on BF2's list of supported cards, that's why I was wondering if there is some kind of tweak or fix for this. Any further help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob127b
        According to newegg.com and the Diamond site, the card does support direct x 9. Problem is, it wasn't on BF2's list of supported cards, that's why I was wondering if there is some kind of tweak or fix for this. Any further help is greatly appreciated!
        That is on the retail boxed version. If you go to EA's website, it is listed as not supported. It uses an older core, so while its a "9250" its running a different core which cannot support some of the technologies in BF2. Thus you are SOL.

Comment

Working...
        X