Is 1.03 install busted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 1.03 install busted?

I read through the sticky but couldn't find an answer. I have a clean install of BF2 and just tried applying patch 1.03 and I'm getting

Error Code: <-5006 : 0x8000ffff>
    Error Description: <>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1356)pAPP:Battlefield 2 PatchPVENDOR:My Company NamePGUID:F317E784-F31C-4F26-A610-2D7BD89FEC5F$10.50.0.125PAK@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 232.64>

Also says please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: My Company Name.

Ha, I like that my company name part. Generic bastards. I hate this ****.

Anyway, just checking to see if this is a known issue or if there's a work around. My install is totally clean. No mods, no nothing. I just installed.

Re: Is 1.03 install busted?

Only got a couple of seconds so I can't find the answer, but there's a post in here that explains a slight modif you need to make to your registry in order to get the patch to work.

Comment

Which OS are you running, and do you have all your windows updates?

Comment

Runnint Xp with all updates.

Comment

Errr, didn't you bother searching?

Comment

try reinstaling...

Comment

Yes I searched. But how useful is your reply? Most of the things that people complain about on this forum involved downloading corrupt patches or missing paths in the registry. I think I could figure out those things fine. My problem seems rare since a search for the error message on this site yields crappy results.

Comment

Working...
              X