Clear All

Re: BF2 Medal Progress Indicatornow finished

I dont see it

Comment

good stuff i like it alot

Comment

for the guys who won't see it, click on the link, then you enter a site, in the left bar, scroll a bit down, there you see a place where you can enter your bf2 nick .

I do agree it should be more visible, maybe another colour or something

Comment

ok that seems like a nice tool and all...... if it worked for me, lol not saying their are mechanical problems just that my bf2 name doesnt fit. for some reason i cant get the 16th letter in there.
          edit: hhmm nvm for some reason it wouldnt show it when i typed it but than it said that it found the whole thing. lol

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
            for the guys who won't see it, click on the link, then you enter a site, in the left bar, scroll a bit down, there you see a place where you can enter your bf2 nick .

I do agree it should be more visible, maybe another colour or something
            Agreed, but it is a brilliant tool.

Pink.

Comment

It's a great start, but needs work.

Many of the values are slightly off, and there seems to be some sort of bug regarding the engineer combat badge. The capitalization and grammar on the page makes it oddly annoying to read and comprehend. There's also a ****load of random executed command logs that show up the first time you look up a name that you have to scroll through.

The page itself is also very long, and unless you're totally devoted to knowing every bit of information, you lose interest halfway through...

Some ideas for you:
              You might want to change the background color of a row depending on whether you have the badge or not, so you can tell at a glance what you can go for. Working from the too-long thing, you should really organize it somewhat. Have it so it can be ordered alphabetically, by closeness to completion, etc.

~Salad

Comment

Awesome job man. I like this idea a LOT. However I do have some suggestions.

1. Change the progress bar indicator background/color. It's extremely distracting and hard to see the %age.

2. As stated before, for medics, it's HEALS not revives.

3. Driver Ability points do not show progress for the Medal of Valor.

4. The Middle East Service Ribbon does not have a progress indicator.

5. The Marksman Infantry Medal - Hard to tell if you have the medals as some are all silver. You might want to add a different background color to the medals, or perhaps have a graphic of a check mark over them. Silver on Grey is extremely hard to see unless there is another color in the badge, such as medic/spec ops.

4. There's a bunch of coding strands at the top which are visible and make a use scroll down half the page. If you could eliminate it, it'd be great.

As I said before though, good work!

Comment

It says I'm a Master Gunnery Sergeant when I'm still a First Sergeant
                  It says I got the War College Ribbon but I don't
                  The Expert First Aid and the Navy Cross, Golden Scimitar, People's Medallion Requirements are wrong.
                  There a whole bunch of coding that appears at the top.

Other than all that, it's an awesome tool.

Comment

Thats awesome! I don't even know where you'd begin to code something like that. I had a huge list of code come up, but after I scrolled down I saw my medals and stuff. I got a long ways to go!

Comment

Yes, this is awesome, I can't wait to see the finished product. Right now it says I have the Veteran Sniper but not the Basic Sniper...

Comment

I can't find it?

Comment

oh ok... nevermind. I found it. lol

Comment

does anyone else get a bunch of scripting before the ribbons??

Comment

gave me a bunch of weird stuff at the top like:

select id from nuke_bf2_stats_fields where field_name = 'asof '

insert into nuke_bf2_player_stats( player_id, field_id, timestamp, data ) values (637, , '1129847442', '1129821909 ')

select id from nuke_bf2_stats_fields where field_name = 'pid'
                              but my stats showed at the bottom. i like the sig part! i think i'm gonna use it. page bookmarked!

EDIT: i just noticed it says my rank is sergeant major of the corp. also, it says i still have to get the basic engy combat badge which i already have.

Comment

Very Nice. I did not run into any bugs that were mentioned above... but then again I do not have most of what others do.

Comment

Working...
                                X