Frame rates sluggish at times...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame rates sluggish at times...

I just got my 6600GT and just about everything is on high, game runs great at 70FPS most the time but when art goes off or i get lots of movement it runs down to 20FPS, any ideas on how to rid the rundown?

Re: Frame rates sluggish at times...

try defragging, you might be amazed how it improves performance.

Comment

Originally posted by XM DUDE
      try defragging, you might be amazed how it improves performance.
      oww got you there, reformatted HD, everything is crisp and clean and updated right.

I am guessing its my memory i got 2 512 sticks of GeIL ram and one 512 western digital. I belive my western is messing it up or somthing, could this be?

Comment

Where can I get an 8800GT? How many pixel Pipes does it have and what are the core and Mem running at? My crappy 7800 GTX isnt cutting it anymore [/sarcasm]

Comment

Originally posted by phen0m
          Where can I get an 8800GT? How many pixel Pipes does it have and what are the core and Mem running at? My crappy 7800 GTX isnt cutting it anymore [/sarcasm]
          WHat 8800 lol

Comment

Perhaps your PC is bottlenecking the 6600GT.
            I got a 6600GT and the setting's are on Medium to Low as I only have 512mb.

Comment

Ram is the secret of success in this game...

Comment

IMHO high settings are too high for that card. I have a vanilla 6800 and I have a mixture of high and medium settings (textures, lights and shadows are on medium). Moreover, I have just upgraded to 2gigs of RAM (4*512 Kingston, running in Dual). I run the game with 60-100FPS, depending on the situation, with occasional drops to above 40 with very, very intense action.

BTW I have a PIV 2.8

Comment

Originally posted by razor
                  I just got my 6600GT and just about everything is on high, game runs great at 70FPS most the time but when art goes off or i get lots of movement it runs down to 20FPS, any ideas on how to rid the rundown?
                  You can't run bf2 on high with a 6600GT. I tried that with my bros pc and it crawled too a halt.

I guess CPU makes a difference though becuae i have a 6800GT 256mb and i still have too run it on medium rather than high or i get the same thing your getting.

I have 1gb corair pc3200 and a p4 2.53ghz cpu.

Comment

First of all 1 GB memory is not enough to run all settings on high. Second the 6600GT lacks punch because of 8 pipelines. You should try reducing settings to all medium. That should work better. I have a X800XT overclocked to PE speeds and I have only one setting on high (terrain). The game still drops under 50 FPS sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                    X