Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2 Mod; Up to 128 Players in a game. (Test version included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Mod; Up to 128 Players in a game. (Test version included)

First of all, sorry about posting this in the general discussion and now in the mod discussion, but now that I have a download version available it kinda belongs here.

Anyways, I have completed a test version of a mod that allows a dedicated server to support up to 128 players in an online game and it is extremely easy to use. Right now it is still in testing but it should be working fine.

To get the test version go to this makeshift webpage: http://TavuBF2.tripod.com/ and download it from there.

How to use:

1. Download, unzip, and run the program on the server which is running the dedicated server and make sure the dedicated server is currently running.

2. Change the number in the textbox to the maximum number of players you want. It is recommended that you keep the max players below 128 players. The status bar should tell you the maximum player limit has been changed.

3. Done. Let me know how it works for you, and please post your server info here if you use it! I really want to play in a 128 player game =)
    Here is an example server that I am hosting right now with a maximum player limit of 128 players. It is only up temporarily as an example and it may not be up when you view this post, I will be leaving it running overnight and tomorrow afternoon.

Name: "Testing more than 64 Players"
    IP: 68.147.47.228
    Port: 16567
    Max Players: 128
    Map Size: Large
    UnRanked
    Punkbuster

Re: BF2 Mod; Up to 128 Players in a game. (Test version included)

woah 128 sounds cool!

Comment

This sounds AWESOME. But because it isn't ranked, you might not get 128 people

Comment

Originally posted by hollowpoint367
        This sounds AWESOME. But because it isn't ranked, you might not get 128 people
        I don't think my computer or internet could handle 128 people =/ It is more just up there for an example.

I just found out that most people only have ftp access to their server host, and the current test version would not work for those people because you need to execute this program on the computer which is the host. Today I will work on a second version of the program for people who only have ftp access and I will post it here once it is done.

Comment

I finished it =) Visit http://tavubf2.tripod.com/ to download it. It is server side mod that alows you to create games with 128 players in it. This one works with only ftp access as well. Let me know how it works.

Comment

128 player... no lag?...

Comment

well to get 128 players to join you could maybe ask one of tbf2 staff to post it on the frontpage to test it but i dont know

Comment

cool now make it so I can fit well of 6 people in a vehicle.

Comment

finally so now we should try 256 players but 10 mb in/out will be good ?

Comment

10mbit isn't a lot thats only like 1300kpbs or so actuallu upload/download speed.

Comment

Yes, please a mod put this on the front news page! we need to get a server going with 128 people in it! People forget about ranks for one second go back to having fun!

Comment

Originally posted by -GRimm-
                        Yes, please a mod put this on the front news page! we need to get a server going with 128 people in it! People forget about ranks for one second go back to having fun!
                        Imagine a 128 player stunt server with 128 players racing.......:drevil:

Comment

Originally posted by -GRimm-
                          I don't think there is any change my test server could handle 128 players. It is more just up there as an example. I am talking to a couple people who run large servers and it looks like they are going to use this mod to allow for 128 players. I will post the server info here, or they will, when a populated server becomes available =)

And people who run servers, please give this a try.

Comment

Whatever, as long as we get above 64 players to make sure i works.

Comment

Default How to have 255 players On your server

Comment

Working...
                              X