Bf2 will not run...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf2 will not run...

Recently I got a new Samsung 940B 19" TFT LCD monitor with DVI. I plugged all the stuff and turned on just fine. Everything looks great. Although, now when I try to run Bf2, the splash screen comes up....screen goes black....then stops and goes back to the desktop with no error message what so ever. On my last monitor....A dell 17" CRT using analog it worked fine. I even reinstalled it.

My Rig
    AMD athlon 64 3500+
    2GB corsair pc 3200 RAM
    Abit Av8 Mobo
    200GB ata133 HDD

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Bf2 will not run...

It is probably because your previous monitor ran at other resolution and refresh rate, and BF2 still tries to use these settings.

Two way to fix this, are...

1) Open this file in notepad ..\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\000X\video.con and set
    VideoSettings.setResolution 800x600@60Hz

000X where X=1,2,3... depeding on number of profiles, usually just 0001

OR

2) Delete all folders inside ..\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\ and start game and Manage Accounts and retrieve accounts, this will result in your old login name but with default settings.

Comment

Thank you! it works now. I tried for so long to fix it...see you in the game!

Comment

I got a similar problem to stainless after i click on login the screen goes black and the pc freezes there and i have to reset the computer, i tried to change the resolution as you said but it didnt work,any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by PanZerKiLL
          I got a similar problem to stainless after i click on login the screen goes black and the pc freezes there and i have to reset the computer, i tried to change the resolution as you said but it didnt work,any other ideas?
          If it freezes at the login screen and not the splash screen, then it might also be firewall or connection related, are there any connection related errors showing up??

Has it worked previously??

Did this occour after patchig to 1.03??

If it happen just after 1.03 then you should make sure that BF2.exe is allowed access through any software firewall, it detects changes, like patches apply, as a possible security breaches, and thus needs it to be verfied as having access through firewall again. This shouldn't freeze the PC entinerly though so it might not be fw/connection related.

Comment

Gunny:
            Firewall is disable and yes this only happen after 1.03 ,one out of 20 times the game works which is very annoying,it just freeze there after clicking on the logging account.

Comment

Originally posted by PanZerKiLL
              Gunny:
              Firewall is disable and yes this only happen after 1.03 ,one out of 20 times the game works which is very annoying,it just freeze there after clicking on the logging account.
              The firewall that is disabed which one is it ? XP built-in or 3rd party firewall.

If it is a 3rd party firewall, it might still be working in the background if it is disabled, but using existing rules. But when you updated the bf2.exe chaged and if firewall wasn't disabled it would pop ip and tell you this.

So try enabling the firewall, if it is 3rd party and not XP built-in, and start BF2 and see if there is a pop-up telling you BF2.exe has changed.

Comment

Is the one thats come with XP,ive try enabling it and disabling it with the same luck,bf2 worked just fine before 1.03.
                Desperate.

Comment

Thanks Gunny,I had to enable my firewall to give BF2 permission, once I did it runs no problem.I had turned it off but I had to give the game permission anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X