Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perhaps the "fix" to the n00b tube is to make it have a minimum distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps the "fix" to the n00b tube is to make it have a minimum distance?

Perhaps the "fix" to the n00b tube is to make it have a minimum distance before it'll explode?

Would 5m be too much to ask?

Someone correct me, but I believe in RL they arm at 10m.

Re: Perhaps the "fix" to the n00b tube is to make it have a minimum distance?

Do it.

Comment

Send this to EA/DICE!

Comment

Stop Posting Threads That Are All The Same!

Comment

its is like what I always say

Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life

Comment

Everyone that doesnt use the weapon exclusivly wants this.....many many threads on this in EVERY bf2 forums.....and guess what......they didnt change it in the patch even though it was one of the top issues that people wrote about up there with bunny hopping and blackhawks.....wait bunny hopping is still in the game.....does EA even listen?

Comment

i wouldnt mind if they got rid of the nade launcher.

Comment

Ive heard people bitch about using them at really close like a shotgun and killing themselves too. I can take that on board. But now ya wanna bitch about them at long range too??
                How about taking them completey out of the game. OR even better take out all then guns expect yours.

Comment

Originally posted by silly69
                  its is like what I always say

Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
                  hahah good one... very nice. ill try to remember that one

Comment

Originally posted by SmilingRaccoon
                    Everyone that doesnt use the weapon exclusivly wants this.....many many threads on this in EVERY bf2 forums.....and guess what......they didnt change it in the patch even though it was one of the top issues that people wrote about up there with bunny hopping and blackhawks.....wait bunny hopping is still in the game.....does EA even listen?
                    Getting rid of bunny hopping is alot harder thing to do as if you lower the jump height then people won't be able to get over things and if you stop the amount of jumps people can make it will stop them being able to jump over a sandbag wall after running a long distance say they run across a road away from a tank they get the the area they are going to hid behind, go to jump and they can't, that would get really annoying.

This is far easier to fix just stop it from exploding so close or increase the slash damage so the people lose like 50% of there health each time they do it, there going to stop if they nearly die when they do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
                      Perhaps the "fix" to the n00b tube is to make it have a minimum distance before it'll explode?

Would 5m be too much to ask?

Someone correct me, but I believe in RL they arm at 10m.
                      Yup...its gotta be the way forward and surly isnt that hard to implement!?
                      Even JO managed to put this on the 203 (although it didnt work too well, grenade turned into a 1 hit kill massive bullit still, it's the thought eh....)

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho
                        Getting rid of bunny hopping is alot harder thing to do as if you lower the jump height then people won't be able to get over things and if you stop the amount of jumps people can make it will stop them being able to jump over a sandbag wall after running a long distance say they run across a road away from a tank they get the the area they are going to hid behind, go to jump and they can't, that would get really annoying.
                        True, but I was just ranting because I hate EA. They could have done things to lower the amount of it as well like put a limet between jumps and cannot jump with no stamina but overall what you are talking about is that hard due to the way they made the maps already but to fix bunny hopping there are other alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho
                          almost every other online fps has done it. you dont touch the height, you just stop ppl being able to do it non-stop.

Comment

First, OT, I like this idea. I think it would work very well. The grenade laucher doesn't bother me. . . it only bothers me when someone runs around the corner, jumps over my head and launches it straight down. So, if it didn't explode within 5 meters, it would certainly fix this problem.

People who nail me with it at distance (and it happesn often), I have no problem with.

Onto bunny hopping. In HL2, you could get the extra height if you jumped and then ducked, effectively bringing your feet up. With this, you could get the same height with your feet, however, your body doesn't have to go a million miles in the air. This way, jumping doesn't buy you much when fighting, but you still get the benefit of being able to jump over things.

Comment

The nade launcher is good, but you should only be able to carry 2 nades. And you shouldn\t even be able to shoot in the air as far as i'm concerned...

Comment

Working...
                              X