Online play issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online play issues

This is starting to **** me off. This game is great but whenever I want to play online, the graphics slow down so much that I can't aim, and they're so slow they can't keep up with my typing when I ask for help!

Also due to the huge amount of asswads clogging the internet, I haven't been able to find help in game so here I am, asking on a forum that looks like it has a lot of helpful people .

Anyway, I can play the game perfect on singleplayer, with medium+ settings, but when I got into multiplayer for the first time I started getting some pretty game-breaking issues. The game starts running very very very slowly, I even changed all of my graphic settings to the absolute MINIMUM and nothing got any better. Also I know it's not internet lag, I know what internet lag is and this isn't it. It reeks of client problems.

Also, if it's any help, when I move around as infantry when I'm online, the gun seems to constantly shift between down and up (sprinting and jogging) for no apparent reason...

System specs:
    PCI-E x16 ATI Radeon x600 256mb Hypermemory (Tried the official Radeon drivers and Omega Drivers, no diff)
    Intel Pentium 4 3.2gHz
    2gig DDR2 SDRAM
    Windows XP Media Edition

Help pleeease!

Re: Online play issues

Whats you bandwith?

Comment

How exactly do I check my bandwidth? I imagine it's high, since I constantly get good connections with my Comcast cable... also I've never had this kind of problem with any other online game ever.

Comment

YO DUDE. MEDIA EDITION! My brother has same issue! He has a dell on win xp media addition. TRY FORMATTING USING PROFESSIONAL? Maybe that will fix it all.

Comment

You can try that and tell me how it works... formatting is going to be a LAST RESORT since this computer is brand new... Installing things is just so boring... I still need to beat Black & White 2 anyway...

In the meantime, anyone else have any other solutions?

Comment

Bumping because I still can't play...

Comment

I'm gonna say you should disable any background services and tasks.

Windows XP MCE could be running some strange things in the background...

To streamline your services, try this link:
              Editor's Note: This information was originally created and belongs to Black Viper We had reproduced it, in large part until the original website returned. As of 3/2007. It did. So go visit Black Vip...

Comment

Can you please try connecting to a NON-Punkbuster online server to see if you still have the same problem.

Comment

Mean while check this forum for posts about clearing cache, updating PB, closing background applics.

And ur bandwith is a number in bits per second (usually like 512Kbps, 1/2/4/8... 16Mbps), that ur ISP (internet provider) should inform u, ask em for that. If u use common dialer ur probably on 56Kbps.

Comment

I know I'm about a year late in responding to this post, but this is the first time I have found someone with the same issue as me.. I did not see a fix for the issue this person had.... I need Help ..I have not been able to play either because of this same issue...

Help.............

Comment

Working...
                    X