Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecting to account server zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting to account server zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!!

Ok I’ve read a few posts on this and it seems like everyone has the same problem. I’m sure it’s not server related but every time I go to connect to my BF2 account it sits there saying connecting to account server. It usually takes me about two minutes to connect. I have always been able to connect but it takes about an average of 2 minutes every time. Then when it does connect it goes right into a server. I want to know how to make it quit joining a server on its own. I want to be able to choose the server I want to join and not have it do it automatically. Also can ANYONE help us with this problem of having to wait forever for it to log onto the server. Someone has to have the answers to these simple questions. I know its not firewalls or network problems. I do have my IP address on the DMZ port and I have forwarded ports in my router also. I have seen PC's have issues when on the DMZ port but I really thing it’s something besides my network setup. I recently reformatted and when I first went to play BF2 I noticed it connected to the server INSTANTLY. Then after a while I noticed it was back to the same old crap. Some one help us. I hate wasting 2 minutes every time I want to play BF2. Thanks

Re: Connecting to account server zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!!

Not sure about the account thing, but if u dont want to connect to a server automatically, u should press the 'Start BF2' button when u start the game, not the 'play online now!' button. (if u already do that, i have no idea whats wrong...)

Comment

Originally posted by Petter
      Not sure about the account thing, but if u dont want to connect to a server automatically, u should press the 'Start BF2' button when u start the game, not the 'play online now!' button. (if u already do that, i have no idea whats wrong...)

Maybee thats my problem this whole time. I can't wait to get home and try it.

Comment

Yeah, same here although it's longer to "verify client data", which takes so long I assume it's scanning my entire hard disk for w4r3z...

On a boring, irrelavent note, when connecting to the account server, at what point in the background movie-clip does yours freeze? 99% of the time, mine freezes when the coloured guy is firing the machine gun... almost always.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasquez
          coloured guy is firing the machine gun... almost always.
          Wow...Are you from the south?

Comment

Originally posted by GOPATS
            Wow...Are you from the south?
            I have no idea what you mean.

Comment

the reason it is taking a long time on the verifying screen is most likley one of the BF2 patches screwed up your hard drive controller.

It should be set to DMA not PIO.

right click "My computer". Select properties. goto hardware tab. select 'device manager'.

expand IDE controllers and right click 'primary IDE controller'. goto properties.

Transfer mode should be DMA. If it is PIO, then uninstall it and reboot your computer. it will auto install.

worked like a charm for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasquez
                I have no idea what you mean.

I didn't know people still called back people "coloured"....

Comment

Originally posted by GOPATS
                  I didn't know people still called back people "coloured"....
                  Coloured/black/white, makes no difference to me

Comment

Any solutions on the major delay when connecting to account server???

ANYONE??

BUMP

Comment

clear out ur favourites delete all the white servers and make sure there is no red servers

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCRAP_
                        clear out ur favourites delete all the white servers and make sure there is no red servers
                        this is THE problem for most of you ==> RED servers in favorites
                        EA is trying to ping them
                        so
                        delete them !

your connect time should b4 15-20 seconds

ps
                        do NOT use bf2 playonine
                        use BF2 shortcut and pick your own server

Comment

As above .......during connecting to account server it will ping all your favorites (that is why they are all there instantly when you go to the favourites tab) deleting some or all will obviously make that process quicker

Comment

I used to have the same problem, then when I formated my laptop it all went back to normal and it takes seconds to log in and it takes just about a minute or so to connect to server.

Comment

i found re-installing it helps , but icant be bothered again..as i have to wait 10 mins!!!!!! before getting into my ranked account.

Comment

Working...
                              X