Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Time Commander...

Hey,

I just played my first games as a commander last night, after a bit of training in single player, Man what a different game that is!!

Awesome feeling of getting your squads to go where is best for the battle (yes I was fortunate to have two squad who actually listened to me!!) - Using the Scan and UAV abilities we easily conquered the enemy, just by simple positioning of troops... I would always know where they were weakest, and my squads would sweep in and take control...

Made the whole game much more exiting, and satisfying...

The trick with getting the squads to follow orders was to text talk (I don't have a headset) explaining the benefits I could give them, and location of where I would be camped out (in a Tank back at HQ in case of special OPS)...

After getting them on board it was great supporting them exactly where they needed it - up until now I just figured the commander had a handy artillery option, but now, a combined commander in a tank is a fearsome force to be sure!!

I'll cerainly be following orders, or commanding from now on...

Netronelson.

Re: 1st Time Commander...

Best thing about commanding now since new patch is the RED Arty icon that sucks people into it, you now dont get the punished Teamkill for it.

Comment

Yea, the arty icon attracts friendlies like misquitos to a bug zapper...

Comment

It really is all about getting them to do what you want, and being vocal is the best way to do that. Get one guy who can whore a tank and who is squad leader and you'll have yourself a BF2 god if you keep him supplied. Give it a try sometime. But not against me. . .

Comment

Am workingtowards my veteran command badge just need a round with 25min commander time :-)

Comment

Sitting in a tank is a waste of a tank and takes away easy kills from your team and thus points from you. DON'T DO IT!!!

Hide somewhere and, considering you have scan and spotting is REAL easy as commander (you don't even have to be close), you can get the drop on any spec ops that tries to come into your base. I play as a engy so that Idon't have to waste supply drops on my assests and, with the unlock, I win about 90% of the battles with spec ops that come into my base.

Thus, wasting the tank is unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by evilzucchini
              Sitting in a tank is a waste of a tank and takes away easy kills from your team and thus points from you. DON'T DO IT!!!

Hide somewhere and, considering you have scan and spotting is REAL easy as commander (you don't even have to be close), you can get the drop on any spec ops that tries to come into your base. I play as a engy so that Idon't have to waste supply drops on my assests and, with the unlock, I win about 90% of the battles with spec ops that come into my base.

Thus, wasting the tank is unnecessary.

yeah commanders should be away from the action not using up vehicles -- i play commander a quite a bit and theres nothing worse than a commander that runs and guns and forgets he actually has to command

Comment

More to the point - congrats on a good round and finding out how powerful a good commander can be. As you can see from above, everyone has little tips - like not eating up resources like tanks, attack choppers, etc.

You learn as you go, and if you can get with a regular player base it will be that much better.

Comment

Working...
                X