Graphic issues, trees reach to heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic issues, trees reach to heaven

Allright people. I searched everywhere, tried everything, but nothing solves my problem

Please take a look at the following 2 screenies:

As you can see: Somebody needs to mow the lawn over there. On the second screen you can see that black\white\grey blocks appear from the middle of the screen. I have had this problem with my old Nvidia 6600GT, but now I am having the same problem on my 6800GT...

I keep getting the problem that random textures are constantly being repeated\stretched straight upwards. I tried dozens of drivers for the 6800GT, and today I reinstalled Windows on my machine. Still no solution. I also tried almost every setting in BF2: no solution.

Machine specs:

Asus Vintage
    P4 3 GHZ ( No OC)
    1024 Mb RAM
    XFX 6800 GT 256 MB ( No OC, temp stays at 65 celsius stressed)
    3 Harddisks
    400 watt PSU
    SB audigy card ( already tried to remove this one, still the same)

Please people help me out. I am getting pretty desperate on this one...

Re: Graphic issues, trees reach to heaven

that;s pretty damn hot on the graphics card

how much cooling do you run????

have u run any 3dmark tests on it??? how about a load or stress test??
    what about other games??

Comment

In fact: I opened my case to outrule the temp problem. First I thought the stock cooler was the problem. I fixed it up with a Zalman VF700CU cooler, but the temps remain the same.

Even with the stock cooler, the idle temp is about 55 celsius...On the other hand: On other forums it is told that this temp is perfectly normal...

Comment

I was running at 70 celcius a few weeks ago, turned out that all my fans and blocks where snowed in with dust.
        Try >GENTLY< cleaning it. So dont bust out the Super Hoover 5000 and ram it up ur pc, use a brush or something...

Also, there is this ubar program to adjust ur fanspeed & check ur temps -> LINK

Good luck !

Comment

also try a 3d stress on it most of the benchmarking programs have it
          see if it does the same thing on those
          also try other games

could be a bad card

Comment

XFX is a crappy name, NEVEr buy from them. Infact, visit their forums and you will see all the dissatisfied customers. XFXforce.com

Comment

Working...
            X