bailing out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bailing out?

does anyone else think its lame that people can just bail out of a vehicle when your going to kill them? Like in a dogfight, against a good pilot your MGs are your best asset, but sometimes the MGs take them to VERY low health(the plane is burning and will blow up on its own in like 5-10 seconds) and the pilot just bails out and you get no points. Or with an AT on the ground you hit a tank 2 times and the guy just runs out. I think it should be a bigger deal to bail out, like in a plane have an ejection seat which deploys the chute immediately so everyone sees where the enemy pilot is and if you most likely get killed (that also fixes people just taking the plane and bailing out) or it should take a second to get out of the drivers seat of a tank etc... post your thoughts

Re: bailing out?

its part of the game and pilots would do that in real life im sure, so i really dont see a problem with it. I have been on both ends of the spectrum before, and it doesn't bother me when someone bails out. When i do it, i usually get a couple more kills before i die

Comment

I just hate it when I'm dogfighting with another pilot in a chopper, and my gunner doesn't trust me (I make some insane strafing moves, but always recover) Then I point the nose up to let the gunner blow them away, and I switch to cockpit view and they arn't in any longer, I asked them why they bailed, they said they thought I was going to crash. I've crashed with many choppers I knew was going down, but a lot of the time they don't and I get kills. I still won the dogfight even though I had no gunner, but that was just because I was agressive.

Comment

This has been brought up regarding the AT class. You should probably get some kind of teamwork point for seriously damaging the vehicle and forcing them to abandon it.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
          This has been brought up regarding the AT class. You should probably get some kind of teamwork point for seriously damaging the vehicle and forcing them to abandon it.

no thats not a bad idea at all

Comment

as soon i as i here the alarms im getting the heck out

nothing against the pilot but i wannna live
            but yes it does take some time for a tanker to exit his vhicle in real life and as luck would have this is a game so we can hop in and out in seconds if the person is quick enough to get out of tank and run for cover before it explodes good for him it takes some skill to get out at right time

Comment

Originally posted by Blackangel
              its part of the game and pilots would do that in real life im sure, so i really dont see a problem with it. I have been on both ends of the spectrum before, and it doesn't bother me when someone bails out. When i do it, i usually get a couple more kills before i die
              yes but in real life the goal is to destroy the enemies assets not kill (well in air to air battles) and you get no reward for destroying the plane cuz the pilot just hops out and gets another, and you didnt even get the two points for following him for two minutes, i mean i would give up dogfighting, but everyone else feels the need to shoot at me so im damn well going to shoot at them, i think you should get some points for destroying the vehicle, problem is point farmers would exploit it so therefore i think bailing out of a vehicle should be more of a PITA

Comment

no one wins a war untill all the soldiers have been taken care of destroy tanks and planes still leaves a thinking soldier t oruin your day

that;s why points for the soldier not the equipment

Comment

What's worse is when you're a passenger and the pilot/driver bails out with no warning leaving you a sitting duck, or grabbing the controls.

Comment

Yeah, I hate it when other players do somehting logical like bail out of a tank or plane that's about to blow up. It works both ways so maybe if you eject next time and rob the other guy of a kill then you'll feel some sense of justice.

Comment

The thing I hate the most is when my teammates bail out of a tank that's really damaged but functionable. They leave it and the enemy takes it and repairs it. I understand if the tank is burning but if not, die with the tank or make sure it's destroyed. You're probably better off dying with it and getting it when it respawns. On the flip side it's great when the enemy does it and I get to take it and rape them with it

Comment

Originally posted by Riggz
                        The thing I hate the most is when my teammates bail out of a tank that's really damaged but functionable. They leave it and the enemy takes it and repairs it. I understand if the tank is burning but if not, die with the tank or make sure it's destroyed. You're probably better off dying with it and getting it when it respawns. On the flip side it's great when the enemy does it and I get to take it and rape them with it

I don't want to sound like a team player or anything but I can't recall ever leaving a tank or juicy peice of equipment w/o destroying it if it was that far gone where I'd leave it and I wasn't an Engy.

I usually play AT which can directly kill a tank along with SF. Grenades and gun fire will kill jeeps n such. You want your damaged equipment to respawn where it belongs on your side of the map for yourself or the next guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gergnoodle
                          as soon i as i here the alarms im getting the heck out

nothing against the pilot but i wannna live

Do not get in the gunner seat if you're going to jump once the heat is on. That's EXTREMELY lame.

Comment

they should make it so if u are locked on to someone when they bail out, then u get a bail out point or sumthin lol that'd be pretty sweet

Comment

Im all about bailing out, yeah it sucks when it happens to you but, screw that I am not going die just to be honorable, because we all know there is no honor in death, just death! So if I can im out. Unless ofcourse I am in a Attack helicopter cause I just will respawn and get back in that bad boy and go return the favor.

Comment

Working...
                              X