Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Here-they-come phenomena

Hey hey,

Okay so we all have our favorite moment in BF2 and if you're like me it involves Teamplay...but...

I've had a few moments where your whole team is defending or attacking 1 flag. It could be at the choke-point on Kubra, the bridge in Karkand or anywhere else.

In my experience the defending team throws teamplay out the window and the battle becomes one massive firefight. Few players step up and try to circumvent the enemy. It's a medics dream although the cry "MEDIC" can get annoying real fast; they go ballistic running around reviving like sharks in a frenzy, while snipers rack up their kills.

This is where all the commander can do is drop arty and keep the UAV running. Sadly enough, the micro-management of squads has gone to the shhh_itter.

I love it when this happens. It creates an atmosphere of reality. However, I have never come across a game where the Commander tells people to set up here or there specifically saying "I need AT here, A sniper up there and I need Squad A to flank on my command"...

ALL THIS TO SAY...has anyone encountered a well executed attack during a similar situation on a public server (non-clanned)..?

Lastly, I love to know if there is Map, similar to Wake, where all sit and wait for an impending attack. Where Defense set up in positions and the Offense pick a front to attack. Waiting for that ambush....WHERE ARE MY TRIP WIRES/FLARES? Okay maybe I'm asking too much...

Thanks

Re: The Here-they-come phenomena

Imposible on a public server...

Clan match are another story!

Comment

That's what I figured...Yesterday I had some AT guys set up on one of the hills in FUSHE...all they did was lob missiles down at your respawning tanks...while snipers kept us hopping...and they had a well coordinated assault...they beat us back from on spawn point to another...it was awesome.

Comment

Never really had a set up one on the gulf of oman 32 player map there was a big battle like it between the east most outpost and the middle one on the beach and the ground isn't flat there and you have the walls so people just stood on the walls and ran in to the little valley bits to take cover, so many people were dieing and just re-spawning or being revived, i want a map thats actaully desgined like that but EA suck and are to stupid to know what people actaully like.

Comment

It might not count, but I had two squads of 6 on public server, both were clans and both had 3-4 good players with 1 or 2 excellent players. On top of that, once I started talking to them, they started listening to everythign I said.

A two of my other squads would accept my commands, so I would just send them as head on attacks while I would use my two elite squads to flank everyone.

It was on karkand and we were MEC, 1 Squad was on the other side of the river by the square and the other was on the bridge defending, with the rest of the team, against the advancing USMC. I had the Square squad go to the tp of the road and told them to wait there and I had the other squad come across the river below and wait just at the trainwreck opening. I let both SL know what I was doing so when I told them to wait, they did. I think proceeded to have them both attack at the same time. It was a slaughter fest, I literally just watched their tickets drop as the USMC got flanked and attacked from the rear.

It was a blood bath; I felt like a God after that and they, from that moment on, followed my every command to a T. It was great.

But again, this was because I had two clan squads, so it was, in a way, like a clan match. . . well, a clan slaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodhere
            Hey hey,

Okay so we all have our favorite moment in BF2 and if you're like me it involves Teamplay...but...

I've had a few moments where your whole team is defending or attacking 1 flag. It could be at the choke-point on Kubra, the bridge in Karkand or anywhere else.

In my experience the defending team throws teamplay out the window and the battle becomes one massive firefight. Few players step up and try to circumvent the enemy. It's a medics dream although the cry "MEDIC" can get annoying real fast; they go ballistic running around reviving like sharks in a frenzy, while snipers rack up their kills.

This is where all the commander can do is drop arty and keep the UAV running. Sadly enough, the micro-management of squads has gone to the shhh_itter.

I love it when this happens. It creates an atmosphere of reality. However, I have never come across a game where the Commander tells people to set up here or there specifically saying "I need AT here, A sniper up there and I need Squad A to flank on my command"...

ALL THIS TO SAY...has anyone encountered a well executed attack during a similar situation on a public server (non-clanned)..?

Lastly, I love to know if there is Map, similar to Wake, where all sit and wait for an impending attack. Where Defense set up in positions and the Offense pick a front to attack. Waiting for that ambush....WHERE ARE MY TRIP WIRES/FLARES? Okay maybe I'm asking too much...

Thanks
            Only seen about 90% of what you are talking about happen on a public server maybe 2 times. However, those two times it was phenomenol. It requires almost most of your team to really 'want' to execute moves like that. Most of the time, members are going Rambo and don't even want to listen to the squad leader, which are getting orders from Commander.

Seems most people are joining squads just to have a place to spawn now adays :hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by HYP3R
              Seems most people are joining squads just to have a place to spawn now adays :hmm:
              That sucks...I would blame the SL for not trying to pull them in. However, I did notice that people are starting squads so that they don't get Autobalanced.

I think a few more commands should be available for commanders...Ie....set up ambush here...move on my command..blah blah.

Comment

Working...
              X