Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreliable TV missiles in the Havok since patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreliable TV missiles in the Havok since patch?

Has anyone else noticed the TV Guided Missiles in the Havok being kind of... random since the patch? They were always the worst of the three attack copters in terms of maneuverability, but now they've added a bit of randomness it seems. The first few shots will be squirly as hell, turning on a dime like a Cobra or a Z-10, but after that I'm lucky to even get a second turn out of them. I already don't like the Havok, but with the missiles being totally inconsistant I'm using them primarilly to steal a Cobra so I don't have to deal with it. Anyone else noticed wacky behavior in the Havok? Is it a bug, or just my inability to properly direct that particular TV Guided?

Re: Unreliable TV missiles in the Havok since patch?

lol no offense, but there is a thing called a changelog for patches.

And to imagine that they'd mess with the TV in one helo is crazy.

And from a programming perspective, I'd think that all 3 TV missles are designed to perform the same - use the same code / etc...

And, not like the havok, wtf? :P You better be damn accurate with that Cobra TV, cause the havok's gunner can take care of things all on his own vs. a cobra with that nade launcher, whereas the cobra and z10 have the equivilnat of a MP5 mounted on the front of them.
    I doubt its patch related, sry.

Comment

The Havok doesn't seem to work that great. I used it on Sharqi 32 man last night during a match and couldn't hit crap unless I hit right on them.

I think it worked alright on Gulf though. I'd have to test it out. All I know is I can snipe stuff about 600m away with a Cobra TV guided.

Comment

I've also been having serious issues with the TV in the Havok. Last night, mid-battle, I couldn't even find "Frasier". It's just another example of slack programming by EA/DICE.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
          lol no offense, but there is a thing called a changelog for patches.

And to imagine that they'd mess with the TV in one helo is crazy.

And from a programming perspective, I'd think that all 3 TV missles are designed to perform the same - use the same code / etc...

And, not like the havok, wtf? :P You better be damn accurate with that Cobra TV, cause the havok's gunner can take care of things all on his own vs. a cobra with that nade launcher, whereas the cobra and z10 have the equivilnat of a MP5 mounted on the front of them.
          I doubt its patch related, sry.

None taken, and I hope you won't take any when I tell you that you're generally just wrong. They did mess with the chaingun/cannons on the attack copters (by fixing the desync problem) without mentioning it in the changelog, and because of that, they're many times stronger than they were before the patch. So to imagine that something got borked in the TV missiles is not so far a stretch.

I kind of wondered if this was coming. The general concensus among people who don't know how to gun is that the Havok is the greatest thing since sliced stinky bishop. They think so because the cannon is worlds better than the chainguns on the Z-10 and the Cobra. The thing is, once you've been gunning for a while you quickly find out that the chainguns and cannon are all quite worthless compared to the TV Guided Missiles. So lets work from that premise. I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed the Havok TV-Guided missiles having changed at all since the patch :P

Comment

Seems fine to me. Havoc is my favorite attack copter, from a pure weapons standpoint. The thing is nasty. :-)

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM, I love the cannon, BOOM BOOM BOOM, lol.

Comment

only problem I have with the TV misiles, but not only in the havos, is the fact that they just won't go off, they are loaded, but after clicking like 10 times they won't fire (another bug) .

Lately I am very good with those things, when fireing, I hit 90% of the time, even other choppers flying 200m or more away , or even targets who are behind the viewdistance.

BUT : it's very hard to find a good pilot, and with a good pilot I don't mean someone who can hit there target, but also thinks about the gunner, most pilots just don't care if they got a gunner or not, or just won't get his view or whatever....

When flying a heli, keep the gunner in mind, try to understand his view, and you will live longer and get way more points

Comment

If I have a good gunner, I usually don't even use any rockets. We fly out, he uses all of the tv missiles, we fly back to reload. I might hit a target of opportunity or two on the way back to the pad, but I'm focused on getting a new supply of tv missiles.

Most people aren't aware of how effective a good attack copter pair can be. The tv missile kills *anything*, and it can do it when that anything can't even see you. Nail people on the carrier when you can't see the carrier and it can't see you, lol.

Comment

Yeah, I've often had a problem with 'misfires' in all of the copters. Very annoying; particularly when you're lining up a stinger or a linebacker. This was a problem before the patch too.

Comment

well, TV vs. guns, sure I'd take a good gunner/tv launcher anyday over ANY gun, havok included.

The TV missle and jets' laser guided missles are the single most powerful weapon in the game (arty excluded). Anyone good with the TV can tear it up. I tend to fly much more than gun, and love it when I get someone in the helo that can actually use this, as I do hover / give them plenty of chances to get the kills....

Comment

Lack of skill fo sho!!!11one HoW 2 GUN plz!

heh, just joshin with ya DiL. you know my opinion about this. >.<

I think there's absolutely something to this issue, be it a patch snafu or whatever. But since I pilot 80% of the time I'm speaking mostly from observence and voip chatter.
                      The "misfire bug" is especially frustrating for both the gunner and the pilot. Nothing I hate more than achieving an awesome line for my gunner on say... an nme chopper, and hearing "$%@ Misfire!" coming over the teamspeak... usually resulting in having to roll off and try again.
                      It really makes baby Jesus cry seeing all the preexisting issues and bugs that still remain after 1.03. FFS please fix existing content before adding new features!!

Comment

nah, the TV IS changed with the patch. The Z-10 and Cobra have the sweet tv's and 'crappy' guns (I have no problem with them), and the Havoc gets the sweet gun and crappy TV's (it can change directions like once every 5 seconds, pathetic. it's ok though because it's cannon tears helos to shreds anyways)

Comment

I did some testing with TV guided in 1.03 (never tested earlier patches), but it seems that even on coba there seems to be some quirkyness.

The missle "locks" using some kind of rangefinder. Think of it as a beam of light coming from the nose of a chopper. If there is an object is inbetween you and the target, the missle might lock on that object and hit it instead of the target. In simple terms, it seems that it is more effective to shoot at the top of the tank then to shoot a bit below it, and if there are trees or some obstacles near the tank, it is likely that the missle will not land on the target.

I tested in this way:
                          I landed on top of one building.
                          There was a roof of one building inbetween me and another window across, which I wanted to hit with TV. If I just straight clicked on the window the missle would hit the roof inbetween even though it had a clear path to the window. If I clicked above the roof, and then redirected the missle after it passed the obstacle, I would hit the window OK.

And in the case of a tank... Say this is how the tank looks like in 3D (I am avobe it, 45 degree angle).
                          Code:
                            / --C---\
                           /    B    \
                          /_____A_____\
                          Targeting A would hit the ground, because the ground is "closer". 
                          B and C are ok.

Comment

Working...
                          X