Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of very simple questions...

Hi all,

I can't find this information anywhere in the forums so apologise if this is common knowledge...

Q1. Is there any way to customise the options when playing a single player? For example, I'd like to play say a 32 map with a much smaller spawn time and so on. I can't seem to find a way to play anything other than 8 V 8. I'm just wanting to practice before getting my ass kicked online and this is really bugging me? Surely the battles can be customised?

Q2. I'm not sure if I imagined this, but when I first installed the minimap in the hud seemed very sharp and detailed, but ever since installing one of th patches, I'm sure it's lost its resolution - now its hard to make much out on the minimap. Has anyone else come accross this? I may be imagining it but the map looks crap now. I have all the graphics settings cranked to the max so it can't be that.

Thanks to anyone who can advise

Kindest Regards

t

Re: Couple of very simple questions...

Answer to Q2: Ya after the patch they changed the minimap zoom levels.

Comment

Q1. I don't think so no, unless you create a LAN where you have full control over your server and add bots (wo you have someone to shoot). Both are easliy done and there are lots of threads about both topics.

Q2. I don't see any difference but I know that others have found a problem with the resolution.

Comment

If you go to here I think the co-op mod does what you want

Comment

Originally posted by sh856531@hotmail
          Q1. Is there any way to customise the options when playing a single player? For example, I'd like to play say a 32 map with a much smaller spawn time and so on. I can't seem to find a way to play anything other than 8 V 8. I'm just wanting to practice before getting my ass kicked online and this is really bugging me? Surely the battles can be customised?
          As far as I know you can only adjust the number of bots you're playing with/against.

You need to open the AIDefault.ai file and modify it. Should look like this:

Originally posted by Example; the red lines are the important ones which has been modified already:

echo ************************************************** ***************************************
          echo AIDefault.ai ************************************************** **************************
          echo ************************************************** ***************************************

aiSettings.setNSides 2
          aiSettings.setAutoSpawnBots 1

aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1 This line needs to be added manually so your changes can take effect
          aiSettings.setMaxNBots 32 Here you can set the number of bots (e.g. 32)
          aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0 This line determines whether human players get into account for the number of bots. Set to "0" means you would have (in this example) 32 bots + 1 player = 33 Soldiers. Should work with "1" (human player already counted in) also but for me I learned that it won't work.
          aiSettings.setBotSkill 1.0 That's the difficult. 1.0 is equal to 100% (hardest) and 0.0 is equal to 0% (so it's the easiest).

rem To spawn more than 15 bots in SP, use the following lines instead of the three lines above.
          rem Note that this is totaly unsupported, it will affect your system's performance
          rem and may even crash your game. That being said, you will most likely be able to run a lot
          rem more bots than 15 on your system.

rem Example for 32 bot game with expert bots

rem aiSettings.overrideMenuSettings 1
          rem aiSettings.setMaxNBots 32
          rem aiSettings.maxBotsIncludeHumans 0
          rem aiSettings.setBotSkill 0.7

run BotNames.ai

aiSettings.setInformationGridDimension 32

run AIPathFinding.ai

rem EOF
          You can find the file in "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\AI" (or wherever you installed BF2).

Things like map size, etc. can't be changed I think. At least not without any mods.

Originally posted by sh856531@hotmail
          Q2. I'm not sure if I imagined this, but when I first installed the minimap in the hud seemed very sharp and detailed, but ever since installing one of th patches, I'm sure it's lost its resolution - now its hard to make much out on the minimap. Has anyone else come accross this? I may be imagining it but the map looks crap now. I have all the graphics settings cranked to the max so it can't be that.
          The resolution hasn't changed with the patch v1.03 but it's default zoom. Depending on what you're driving (if you drive something) the map dynamically adjusts itself.

That's the reason why it looks less good now.

cheers

Comment

I hate it when things are less good.

Comment

Some great answers there - thanks very much to everyone who took the time to help

One last quick thing - if the minimap has dfaulted to zoomed in is it possible to change it back to the prettier version?

Very much appreciated

Comment

you should have a zoom key for the minimap, and now it 'remembers' the level of zoom by vehicle for you...so if you're zoomed all the way in while in a helo it'll be that way everytime you jump in one...you can always change it though.. dunno what default key is...

Comment

OK Thanks

Comment

v

Comment

Working...
                    X