BF2 will not install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 will not install

I made this account just to ask this question, I would have gone to the ea support page but nobody seems to have this problem and I can't create an account at ea because of some kind of error on the ea side, anyway...

I bought BF2 about a month ago and tried many times (I'm guessing at least 30 times) to install but nothing worked, I've tried to manually install the game (almost worked to) but every time the install hags up on this particullar file: whidata0.htm. I believe it's part of the game help files. The installer doesn't actualy freeze but sits on the file for hours, the longest I've waited is 3 hours (on a 16.8 kb file).

All of my drivers seem to be updated but I won't be able to find out because of another wierd internet problem with the ati website.

And as mentioned I have an ATI card (Radeon 9550) and I have heard of BF2 not working with ATI cards but I don't think this would kill the install.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: BF2 will not install

Check the disc for any dust or scratches or anything. If that doesn't help exchange your product for a new one.

Comment

As Ligan said....the hardware (mobo, gfx card) you have has no baring on the install of the game really. If it isn't installing then it's a problem either with the cd or the cd-rom drive.

Comment

Originally posted by .com
        And as mentioned I have an ATI card (Radeon 9550) and I have heard of BF2 not working with ATI cards but I don't think this would kill the install..
        thats crap cause i have an ATI radeon 9550 and it palys bf2 fine on low settings about 40-80fps so its not ur vid card thats a fact kk

Comment

Thanks guys, I thought I might have to return the game but was hopping I wouldn't have to.

Comment

Working...
          X