X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiming & Damage

OK,
    Here's the scenario;

Anti tank soldier behind a building (me) taking shots at vehicles (full health) - I see infantry coming my way so I retreat to cover - switch to rifle - opponent pops around the corner and we open up simultaneously on each other on full automatic. End result - more often than not I get killed.

How does this game work in terms of damage? Does it matter where you aim on the torso? Do different soldiers have different armour? Is there a best place to aim?

Same from long distance - I seem to just spray rounds around the target with the occasional hit (even if I limit shots to short bursts) then they spin around, crouch, let off a couple of rounds and thats it - dead!

What am I missing??

Cheers

Re: Aiming & Damage

Tips & Tricks
    Post all your latest findings, guides, and map strats here.
    Please do NOT request help here.

Comment

Aim at his head if possible. Remember, in BF2, you must account for the bullet drop and the latency. The headshots are always one shot kills (obvious). If you shoot the chest or any other parts of the torso, he will receive quite alot of damage, depending on what kit he is using. The armored kits ( like the assault, support gunner or Anti-tank), take more hits to go down. They can take 33% more damage than the unarmored kits like medic and spec-ops. Hope this helps...

Comment

Originally posted by aircadet
        Aim at his head if possible. Remember, in BF2, you must account for the bullet drop and the latency. The headshots are always one shot kills (obvious). If you shoot the chest or any other parts of the torso, he will receive quite alot of damage, depending on what kit he is using. The armored kits ( like the assault, support gunner or Anti-tank), take more hits to go down. They can take 33% more damage than the unarmored kits like medic and spec-ops. Hope this helps...
        What are you on about unless your long range sniping you don't need to account for any bullet drop, just use single shot and shoot at the torso, the anti-tank rifle sucks you shouldn't aim for the head as the deviation on the gun will mean you miss alot of the bullets.

Comment

To answer part your question:

I can answer the other part- you will lose a head-on firefight as an AT soldier 9/10 times. Their primary weapon is drastically underpowered compared to every other class. Basically, you need to get lucky to win a head-to-head shootout as an Anti-Tanker. My strategy: Blow them to hell with the SRAW/ERYX. Did this almost exclusively one round on Karkand today with some fun results.

Comment

Originally posted by ace203
            Tips & Tricks
            Post all your latest findings, guides, and map strats here.
            You forgot that the text is read.

this is how it should be:

Comment

What about the DAQ-12? that usually wins any short-range fight for me but I never survived unless it was one on one w/ the DAQ-12.

Comment

Go assault, choose nade launcher, jump and shoot at thier feet!

Comment

Click your #3 button and switch your smg to single shot..your accuracy will go up alot and with fast clicking you can take down the other guy, also try shooting from the prone position, might help a lttle...but the sad fact is the smg's have no power and on full auto, you can't really hit the broad side of a barn.
                  The best thing to do if you love the Anti-tank class is, hang in there until you get your weapon unlock and unlock the DAO...this thing is truly your 'boom-stick' It is horrible at long range, but at close range....NOONE will get out alive if you get your aiming reticule on them. Like I said, the DAO sucks at long range(your pistol is better) but if the target is a little bigger than your aiming reticule(beautiful big circle), they are close enough to kill...unlock this monster and your scenario is..
                  Anti tank soldier behind a building (me) taking shots at vehicles (full health) - I see infantry coming my way so I retreat to cover - switch to BOOM-STICK - opponent pops around the corner and we open up simultaneously on each other... End result - more often than not I sit with a stupid grin on my face as I count all the little pellet holes in my enemy's torn and mangled body....while he wonders what the h*ll just took place and why he couldn't dispose of a measely little anti-tank soldier.

Comment

I love the DAO.

Comment

Originally posted by A_BuNNy_HoPPer
                      Go assault, choose nade launcher, jump and shoot at thier feet!

That's what noobefied homosexuals do, loser.

Comment

With an SMG you'll have almost zero chance of winning a short-range engagement against an automatic rifle-equipped enemy.

If all fails, shoot your AT rocket at their feet.

Comment

Do the halo/quake/ut/fps style rocket launcher technique. Jump and shoot downwards, very hard to miss their feet using this technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Angerf1st_NL
                            That's what noobefied homosexuals do, loser.
                            :laugh: you can use it in tactical manuvers. ex pining down a troop so someone else can flank.

Comment

Working...
                            X