Different VOIP volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different VOIP volume

So, VOIP. I'm overall very pleased with the feature, but there is one thing that bothers me still, and that is volume difference. When person A talks to me it's almost like a whisper, but when person B says something it sounds as if he shouts into my ear! Now, I believe this is because different people have different settings on their transmit and recieve volume. This can easily be fixed if we all agree on a "standard" setting. I have both transmit and recieve at 80%, but that's not to say that this should be the standard value.

Of course we're not going to reach "everyone" with this message, but at least now there is a thread about the issue to which we can all refer if anybody asks.

So...I am thinking maybe an admin or something could set up a poll to decide what value should be chosen as standard, but that's just a suggestion.

Viewpoints?

Re: Different VOIP volume

This really isn't realistic. Some mics are louder than others, some people's set-ups prevent them from putting the mic right up to their mouth, and some people will just plain be shouting or whispering, for whatever reason. While this can sometimes get annoying, standardizing the slider positions would only serve to make the problem worse. What CAN be done is for people to determine if thier mics are too loud or two quiet, and to adjust the in-game sliders accordingly.

However, asking people to adjust their transmit volumes when somone comments that it is too loud or quiet might be excessively common-sensical for this community.

Comment

mine is set to 100% transmit and receive

Comment

Originally posted by Iridium
        This really isn't realistic. Some mics are louder than others, some people's set-ups prevent them from putting the mic right up to their mouth, and some people will just plain be shouting or whispering, for whatever reason. While this can sometimes get annoying, standardizing the slider positions would only serve to make the problem worse. What CAN be done is for people to determine if thier mics are too loud or two quiet, and to adjust the in-game sliders accordingly.

However, asking people to adjust their transmit volumes when somone comments that it is too loud or quiet might be excessively common-sensical for this community.
        beat me too it

Comment

Working...
        X