BF2 online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 online

I have a problem with BF2 and I cant play online. My friend has tried to help me but cant seem to find out what is wrong. I have tried alot of things including the new patch. I cant play online, every time I try to connect to a server it just says "failed to connect, check your network connections". I dont know if it is a problem with the game or not. I have verizon DSL so it isnt a connection problem I think.

So can anyone please help me?

BF2 online

I have a problem with BF2 and I cant play online. My friend has tried to help me but cant seem to find out what is wrong. I have tried alot of things including the new patch. I cant play online, every time I try to connect to a server it just says "failed to connect, check your network connections". I dont know if it is a problem with the game or not. I have verizon DSL so it isnt a connection problem I think.

So can anyone please help me?

Comment

Re: BF2 online

Its maybe ur anti-virus blocking your connection

Comment

Its maybe ur anti-virus blocking your connection

Comment

Can you play other games online?

Turn off any and all software firewalls. If that doesn't work, bypass your router and plug directly into your DSL modem.

If you don't want to bypass your router, I would recommend you try forwarding your ports (search for your router, and there will be a section on BF2):

An explanation of port forwarding and the necessary steps to set up port forwarding in your router.

Comment

Can you play other games online?

Turn off any and all software firewalls. If that doesn't work, bypass your router and plug directly into your DSL modem.

If you don't want to bypass your router, I would recommend you try forwarding your ports (search for your router, and there will be a section on BF2):

An explanation of port forwarding and the necessary steps to set up port forwarding in your router.

Comment

ok I have tried turning off my firewall and anti virus scanner but it still does not work. And for bypassing my router and pluging directly into my DSL modem I dont really know how, I am not exactly good with computers.

Comment

ok I have tried turning off my firewall and anti virus scanner but it still does not work. And for bypassing my router and pluging directly into my DSL modem I dont really know how, I am not exactly good with computers.

Comment

Yeah, if you don't know how to set up PPPoE under Windows XP, maybe you're best not disconnecting the router.

BUT...you SHOULD try that port forwarding site.

It's a complete walkthru of how to do it. Simple pick your router model, then pick your game. It will literally WALK you through it.

Open ports on your router with our port forwarding guides. We have guides specific to your router.

Comment

Yeah, if you don't know how to set up PPPoE under Windows XP, maybe you're best not disconnecting the router.

BUT...you SHOULD try that port forwarding site.

It's a complete walkthru of how to do it. Simple pick your router model, then pick your game. It will literally WALK you through it.

Open ports on your router with our port forwarding guides. We have guides specific to your router.

Comment

I just tried that and it didnt work

Comment

hey, i have the same problem, i jsut bought bf2 and everything works including single player, but when i try to connect to a server, it says joing games but then refreshs the page..and thats all, doesnt matter which server i click on, they all do it unless they are empty then it says to check my network settings.

Comment

What helped a friend of mine was to go to the BF2 section of the Punkbuster web site and click on Download for Software Updates.

Comment

If you manage to login and get a list of servers then I guess your 'net connection is fine. But if you're still getting the "failed to connect, check your network connections" message then it does sound as though the modem/router is blocking certain information from getting to your machine to enable you to connect to a server.

If it is that then the link that Talus gave you is the best we can probably do right now.

Just for info, is it a wireless modem? If not, is it a USB modem?

Comment

hey guys thanks for replying, i think someone told me i just have to add the v1.02 patch and it should help, but its impossible to download! i will keep looking thru these forums till i find info i need tho, i went to punkbuster site and i dont know which one to download, turns out i dont know much about computers at all, (dont make fun of me im a gilr :P) im trying to do this for my bf cuz he gets too stressed out about these things! We dont have a wireless modem.. just your regular rented from shaw. I'm sure my answer is somewhere on this site, so if you dont feel like explaining all this stuff to me i understand and will try to find it on my own, but if someone hapens to be bored and has the time to help it would be GREATLY aappreciated.

thanks to the both of you for trying to help...

-Kaitlin

Comment

Working...
                              X