Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Guided Missiles

OK, I'll be blunt:

How the frig do you use these things? I know in the trailers some kind of laser designation device is used, but this has been taken out of the full game, it seems - so now what?

Laser Guided Missiles

OK, I'll be blunt:

How the frig do you use these things? I know in the trailers some kind of laser designation device is used, but this has been taken out of the full game, it seems - so now what?

Comment

Re: Laser Guided Missiles

Should really use the Search function , this topics been beat to death. Type in Laser Guided as a key word and you get 10 pages of stuff

Not sure why they took it out but proly' because it couldn't work well or perhaps in the expansion. I'm guessing btw.

Comment

Should really use the Search function , this topics been beat to death. Type in Laser Guided as a key word and you get 10 pages of stuff

Not sure why they took it out but proly' because it couldn't work well or perhaps in the expansion. I'm guessing btw.

Comment

How are we suppose to know how to use them. They were taken out. But they are already modeled, coded, and ready to go. (It's under SIMRAD in the weapons menu in the Editor) If someone could put it ingame as a mod, then we will be able to use it.

EDIT: Talked about the wrong thing (laser designator):laugh:

Comment

How are we suppose to know how to use them. They were taken out. But they are already modeled, coded, and ready to go. (It's under SIMRAD in the weapons menu in the Editor) If someone could put it ingame as a mod, then we will be able to use it.

EDIT: Talked about the wrong thing (laser designator):laugh:

Comment

in the second position of f15/su34/su30 wait for the lockon then shoot

Comment

in the second position of f15/su34/su30 wait for the lockon then shoot

Comment

laser guided:: click fire u will have released ur missile, keep it on he target and boom

Comment

laser guided:: click fire u will have released ur missile, keep it on he target and boom

Comment

I love these.

The trick is that the missile has a lot of momentum at first, so there is a much smaller area (when looking out of the nose of the plane) where you can get a lock the missile can actually hit.

Step 1: Basics- Always keep your crosshair in line with the tip of the plane. Then, when you see a potential candidate, place the crosshair on top of it.

Step 2: If you get a lock, fire! If you dont, do not fire as it is out of range or a friendly.

Step 3: Only fire the missile if you think you can keep the lock till the missile hits the target. If you lose the lock right as the missile is about to hit, most of the time it will hit anyway.

Step 4: If you have fired, and lost the lock, some times you can still guide the missile.

Remember, do not expect the missile to make a 45 degree turn to strike a target. There is probably only a 30 degree arc coming out of the front of the plane where a missile will hit a target.

Pic:

One last thing, YOU NEED A GOOD PILOT TO USE THESE WELL!

If you would like any more info, post here or PM me.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I love these.

The trick is that the missile has a lot of momentum at first, so there is a much smaller area (when looking out of the nose of the plane) where you can get a lock the missile can actually hit.

Step 1: Basics- Always keep your crosshair in line with the tip of the plane. Then, when you see a potential candidate, place the crosshair on top of it.

Step 2: If you get a lock, fire! If you dont, do not fire as it is out of range or a friendly.

Step 3: Only fire the missile if you think you can keep the lock till the missile hits the target. If you lose the lock right as the missile is about to hit, most of the time it will hit anyway.

Step 4: If you have fired, and lost the lock, some times you can still guide the missile.

Remember, do not expect the missile to make a 45 degree turn to strike a target. There is probably only a 30 degree arc coming out of the front of the plane where a missile will hit a target.

Pic:

One last thing, YOU NEED A GOOD PILOT TO USE THESE WELL!

If you would like any more info, post here or PM me.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Always have the aiming recticle pointed at the nose of the jet, shoot early and hope you have a good pilot.

Comment

Always have the aiming recticle pointed at the nose of the jet, shoot early and hope you have a good pilot.

Comment

Thanks for the help chaps. And sorry for not using the search function.

How many maps feature the heavy bombers? I know Gulf of Oman does, but what else? Zatar? Clean Sweep? How about the Chinese?

Comment

Working...
                              X