Cd Key Not Valid??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cd Key Not Valid??

Okay now my brother and I share a PC and we both play BF2. We both have admin user accounts and when we play we go on our own user accounts. Just recently after I first downloaded 1.03 , my brother's BF2 on his account tells him CD KEY NOT VALID after he selects a server. Mine still plays fine. His user account by the way was made after mine which is the primary one. Can someone let me know what to do?

Cd Key Not Valid??

Okay now my brother and I share a PC and we both play BF2. We both have admin user accounts and when we play we go on our own user accounts. Just recently after I first downloaded 1.03 , my brother's BF2 on his account tells him CD KEY NOT VALID after he selects a server. Mine still plays fine. His user account by the way was made after mine which is the primary one. Can someone let me know what to do?

Comment

Re: Cd Key Not Valid??

You can't make more than one account per cdkey.
      EDIT: I guess if you want you and your brother to play at the same time you're going to have to buy another copy of BF2.

Comment

EDIT: I guess if you want you and your brother to play at the same time you're going to have to buy another copy of BF2.

Comment

Actually, I had this problem on one of my window's user's account, but when I used the other, it worked fine. Try that.

Comment

Actually, I had this problem on one of my window's user's account, but when I used the other, it worked fine. Try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost-MOH-
              so thats why me and i cant play with my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost-MOH-
                so thats why me and i cant play with my friend

Comment

Originally posted by puglous
                  Oh sorry guys wen i said user accounts i meant windows user account and i dont want my brother on my account cuz theres personal stuff in there and he doesnt want me on his for the same reason what should i do to get his BF2 to work on his windows user account. there both admins and before 1.03 it was fine

Comment

Originally posted by NoToRiOuSmInUtE
                    Oh sorry guys wen i said user accounts i meant windows user account and i dont want my brother on my account cuz theres personal stuff in there and he doesnt want me on his for the same reason what should i do to get his BF2 to work on his windows user account. there both admins and before 1.03 it was fine
                    Yes, this started with 1.03 because they started encrypting the CD key in the registry instead of leaving it plain text and the encryption seems to be tied to a specific user account. What you could do is export a .reg file containing the encrypted key (look for ergc) and then go to the non-working account and re-enter the CD key so that it gets encrypted using that account. Then export another .reg file of that encrypted key. Then each of you would just need to load your own .reg file before you played using your account (could even put it in your user-specific startup folders). I think there's a way to re-enter the key without reinstalling but I haven't used it.

Comment

Comment

Thanks. For the OP: this is the link to the instructions for re-entering the CD key.

Comment

Working...
                        X