M95 Tip: Close-up Squad Support Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M95 Tip: Close-up Squad Support Tactics

We all know that the M95 is not as accurate as the M24, but it does nearly an infantry's full damage bar of damage.

So what I tried was giving close support to my squad. Here are some things I learned:
    1. Anti-sniper Support: You should be very familiar by now with all the most common sniper spots on all the maps, so as your squad progresses to a new objective check those spots and give anti-sniper support
    2. Close-in support: Follow about 10-20m behind the main squad moving from cover to cover. What's great is when your squad engages the enemy they'll go PRONE or stop moving about 75% of the time to get the best accuracy - this is where the M95 will 1-shot them because your squadmates will have hit them with at least 1 bullet - this means you don't have to aim for a head or take multiple shots to kill someone.
    3. Spot for your squad: Since you're taking more time to move and look for hidden opponents you'll no doubt find the enemy before your squadmates. This is very important when fighting enemy armor.
    4. Take out people in turrets/drivers: When you see the oppoent start mowing down your squadmates in the turret of a Vodik or HUMVEE take him out. This goes for tanks and hovering helicopter pilots and their gunners (pilot first). Remember you can take out drivers behind windows too in those jeeps as well - its actually easier to hit a driver in a moving vehicle than a bunny hopping fool.
    5. Claymore certain flags, chokepoints: Hopefully you'll have a Support guy in your squad to feed you ammo packs. You can put down 5 Claymores before the first one disappears. Certain flags lend themselves to placing claymores (i.e. the southern most flag in Stike at Karkand), because they almost always require someone to get out of a vehicle to cap the flag. I find that if you place claymores down to cover your flank then take a grenade and blow them so you don't cause TK's once the area is clear.

That's all the tips I have for Close-up Squad Support Tactics for the would-be sniper. I'm sure I've missed something so please feel free to correct or add to the list.

M95 Tip: Close-up Squad Support Tactics

We all know that the M95 is not as accurate as the M24, but it does nearly an infantry's full damage bar of damage.

So what I tried was giving close support to my squad. Here are some things I learned:
    1. Anti-sniper Support: You should be very familiar by now with all the most common sniper spots on all the maps, so as your squad progresses to a new objective check those spots and give anti-sniper support
    2. Close-in support: Follow about 10-20m behind the main squad moving from cover to cover. What's great is when your squad engages the enemy they'll go PRONE or stop moving about 75% of the time to get the best accuracy - this is where the M95 will 1-shot them because your squadmates will have hit them with at least 1 bullet - this means you don't have to aim for a head or take multiple shots to kill someone.
    3. Spot for your squad: Since you're taking more time to move and look for hidden opponents you'll no doubt find the enemy before your squadmates. This is very important when fighting enemy armor.
    4. Take out people in turrets/drivers: When you see the oppoent start mowing down your squadmates in the turret of a Vodik or HUMVEE take him out. This goes for tanks and hovering helicopter pilots and their gunners (pilot first). Remember you can take out drivers behind windows too in those jeeps as well - its actually easier to hit a driver in a moving vehicle than a bunny hopping fool.
    5. Claymore certain flags, chokepoints: Hopefully you'll have a Support guy in your squad to feed you ammo packs. You can put down 5 Claymores before the first one disappears. Certain flags lend themselves to placing claymores (i.e. the southern most flag in Stike at Karkand), because they almost always require someone to get out of a vehicle to cap the flag. I find that if you place claymores down to cover your flank then take a grenade and blow them so you don't cause TK's once the area is clear.

That's all the tips I have for Close-up Squad Support Tactics for the would-be sniper. I'm sure I've missed something so please feel free to correct or add to the list.

Comment

Re: M95 Tip: Close-up Squad Support Tactics

Cool stragety man, this will come in handy

Comment

Cool stragety man, this will come in handy

Comment

I had all the same info but its nice that you did the work so others can know.(i am rather lazy lol)most people dont know how valubale snipers are in a squad tell they get a good sniper in one.

Comment

I had all the same info but its nice that you did the work so others can know.(i am rather lazy lol)most people dont know how valubale snipers are in a squad tell they get a good sniper in one.

Comment

hey hamor where did you learn this?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sirskeleton
                  Nothing special, just during normal play. I kept getting killed by enemy snipers or people throwing grenades up at me at my spots so I said, "**** it," and started working closer to squads and lo and behold some new tactics that I found myself learning (or stubbling), them.

Add VOIP and a good squad that works together and this is pretty fun.

Comment

Originally posted by sirskeleton
                    Nothing special, just during normal play. I kept getting killed by enemy snipers or people throwing grenades up at me at my spots so I said, "**** it," and started working closer to squads and lo and behold some new tactics that I found myself learning (or stubbling), them.

Add VOIP and a good squad that works together and this is pretty fun.

Comment

this is THE guide i'm looking for to become an assault-type sniper! MANY thanks!

Comment

this is THE guide i'm looking for to become an assault-type sniper! MANY thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by r0uJe
                          I have found that wake island is very good for an assult-sniper as you have lots of cover and people are gerally all running in the same direction (towards the enemy outpost) so your unlikly to get flanked.

Comment

Originally posted by r0uJe
                            I have found that wake island is very good for an assult-sniper as you have lots of cover and people are gerally all running in the same direction (towards the enemy outpost) so your unlikly to get flanked.

Comment

Assault-sniping is so much more fun than camp-sniping. I'm gonna have a go at that tonight now

Comment

Working...
                              X