Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me they kept this feature from 1942...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me they kept this feature from 1942...

Hi all! I have been a BF fan for quite a while and I was wondering if someone could shed some light on this issue for me. When I used to play 1942 a few friends and I would add each other to our buddy list. We would drop down the console (~) and then do a
    Code:
    ab <playernumber>
    This would then allow us to see ach other on the map as green dots, or green planes ect. This was very useful and made for some fun games. However I cannot seem to do this in BF2. Have they killed this feature? Does anyone know of a workaround? I would appreciate any help any one has to offer. Thanks a lot!

Re: Tell me they kept this feature from 1942...

Join a squad and this works

Comment

nope it's gone sorry mate. I never played 1942 but i have never even heard of that feature. I think squads have done away with that though. join a squad with your mates in it and i reckon you could have even more fun (VOIP and type to each other)

Comment

I was thinking about that.. Can I create my own squad? Would it be "rude" to create a squad for just a friend and I?

Comment

Yes, its easy.. Im game press "Caps Lock" then click "create squad" down the bottom left, type a name and there you go. You can then invite people if you want, into your squad.

And no, not at all, you can then "lock" the squad so that noone else can enter it after your frinds are in it. You can also kick people if they join it and wont leave. Its the game, and people will create oter squads if they want to.

Comment

Originally posted by digitaldeath11
            I was thinking about that.. Can I create my own squad? Would it be "rude" to create a squad for just a friend and I?
            no not really, as long as you aren't the last squad allowed (max of 8 i think). You can set it up so no body else can join your squad as well. Just explore the feature a bit

EDIT: You edited your post Blak so there is an eco now

Comment

EDIT: You edited your post Blak so there is an eco now.
              Yea sorry about that.. :|:

Just explore the feature a bit...
              But his right, just explore the features, its best to do so in SP, that way you dont keep getting killed...

Comment

Hey thanks a lot ya'll! Ok I'm off to play.. good gaming =D

Comment

Have fun

Comment

Working...
                  X