Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading from 512MB DDR33 to 1GB DDR400.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from 512MB DDR33 to 1GB DDR400.

I mean is 2GB really necessary to have 2GB to play it all on high. I mean I can play it on max settings in single player mode with my 512MB PC2700. Do I really need to spend $300CDN on 2GB of RAM?

Re: Upgrading from 512MB DDR33 to 1GB DDR400.

2 gigs REALY help, what are yourother specs?

Comment

CPU:
      Athlon 64 3500+ - Venice 200Mhz FSB
      Windows XP Pro Ed. SP2
      Mobo:
      eVGA non-SLI 133-K8-NF43-AX (nForce4)
      RAM:
      Samsung - 512MB PC2700
      Video:
      eVGA 7800GT
      Storage:
      Hitachi - 160GB 7200rpm
      Audio:
      Realtek AC97

Comment

it will help alot for two reasons, 1) its 2gb of ram, also it will help your processor cuz the cpu speed is limited by the rams bus speed as far as data transfers between the cpu and ram. so upgrading to the ddr400 will aloow the transfers to happen a little more wuickly, so definatly it will help you ALOT

Comment

It costs so much =(.

Comment

OK rthis is why you need 2 Gigs for lag free play at all high settings. The game requires 1 Gig of RAM to play, everyone thinks, ok, kool, i have that, but they do not take into concideration the fact that the OS takes up RAM, there are background apps that take up RAM and the game itsself needs over 1 Gig. So if you take into account all these other programs that use RAM you need 2 Gigs to play it propperly. It also gives teh CPU a bit of room to play with as it will only use about 1.5-1.7 Gigs when playing.

Comment

2gb makes a big difference.. I upgraded from 1gb to 2gb - the game smoothed out and it loads fast. My hard disk and ram aren't the fastest in the world, but I'm often the first or one of the first people to spawn in, with no cache stuttering.

Comment

Working...
              X