Custom Bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom Bindings

1. Ok so i want to add this however my jump button is mouse button 3, whats the code for that?

2. The guide is for bf2 demo, what file are we tweaking in the officail game(what is the path to the file)

Comment

Originally posted by |^|BigBadBlair
      1. Ok so i want to add this however my jump button is mouse button 3, whats the code for that?

2. The guide is for bf2 demo, what file are we tweaking in the officail game(what is the path to the file)

1) Under "ControlMap.create InfantryPlayerInputControlMap" search for the line that says:
      ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIAction IDFMouse IDKey_
      The text after IDKey_ is the code for that mouse button...

then find the text:
      ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_9 10000 0
      change it to:
      ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFMouse IDKey_"found mouse code" 10000 0
      (without the "")

2) The guide works for both, but you have to find the controls.con in:
      \My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001 or 0002 (or more)
      (so without the word 'Demo' after 'Battlefield 2')

Comment

Originally posted by |^|BigBadBlair

1) Under "ControlMap.create InfantryPlayerInputControlMap" search for the line that says:
        ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIAction IDFMouse IDKey_
        The text after IDKey_ is the code for that mouse button...

then find the text:
        ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_9 10000 0
        change it to:
        ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFMouse IDKey_"found mouse code" 10000 0
        (without the "")

2) The guide works for both, but you have to find the controls.con in:
        \My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001 or 0002 (or more)
        (so without the word 'Demo' after 'Battlefield 2')

Comment

Is there anyway I can make it so that changing the rate-of-fire isnt the same key as selecting the weapon?

I hate accidentally changing my AK-LOL from full auto to single shot. I wish i could select the gun with "3" and then change fire modes with "B"

Comment

Is there anyway I can make it so that changing the rate-of-fire isnt the same key as selecting the weapon?

I hate accidentally changing my AK-LOL from full auto to single shot. I wish i could select the gun with "3" and then change fire modes with "B"

Comment

Originally posted by PimpYo

Sorry, that cannot be done...

You can however change the 'select weapon 3/firemode' to the B key though, to prevent those accidents...

Comment

Originally posted by PimpYo

Sorry, that cannot be done...

You can however change the 'select weapon 3/firemode' to the B key though, to prevent those accidents...

Comment

Originally posted by Redh3lix
                  I'm also TRYING (repeat) TRYING to learn Visual Basic to create a small program to make this bind file with ease.

I'll let you know if I come up with anything or if anyone else has more programming skill than me (I can set the clock on the VCR), let me know if you want to help out.
                  I find the keybinding difficult to use too. And I've run across some bugs. I'll take you up on that keybind program. Still interested? Anyone else interested? Are there any other BF2 keybinding app(s) out there?

I'm a programmer (been coding for about 15 years) and can whip up a couple C# forms in dot net real quick like. I'd also Open Source it in sourceforge if anyone wants to help out. Just need some simple design specs, feature requests and interest to get this rolling.

Comment

Anyone know the binding for the spotted command? Used to be the "Q" key but I lost it somehow

How about different key commands for the different "spotted" menu items? Any way to do this?

Comment

Sure, just use a 3rd party macro program which can also emulate mouse movements...

Comment

wow all that just to bind keys huh hehe, wish it could be as simple as the half life ways of binding keys

Comment

Hey, nice thread so far. Was there a way to remove the left clicking when scrolling of the mouse during weapon switch? It just takes an extra second which slows me down. I usually use my number keys to select the specific weapon anyway but maybe i'll use the mouse wheel if i know this can be done

Comment

Hmmm, semi necropost.

Is there anyway to adjust the mouse sensitivity in game? I use a fairly high mouse setting for combat, but it makes aiming a sniper rifle a bastard. I want to tone it down for fine accuracy by pressing a button.

Can it be done?

KBK

Comment

Hi, I've recently been trying to rebind my mousewheel and bumped into this thread.

Would it be too cheeky for me to ask someone to tell me what to change to have Mousewheel up = instantly switch to knife and Mousewheel down = instantly switch to item 5.

I've had a quick read of the commands list, but can't get past the confusion.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X