Who has a 2 gigs of ram and a 6800 gt 256meg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has a 2 gigs of ram and a 6800 gt 256meg

my fps drop into the high 20s some times on high video settings, does anyone elses?

Re: Who has a 2 gigs of ram and a 6800 gt 256meg

Nope 2 GIG and a 7800GTX, not sure what my fps is, i will have a look in a bit

Comment

i aswell have 2gb and the 7800gtx, but if was having a problem with my fps going down into the 20s, i would use DriverCleanerPro and complete wipe out any trace of video drivers, and reinstall them.

i would think that a problem like that, could only mean a video driver problem, or a cpu problem...

Comment

I have 2gigs and a 6800GT and I never really go below 30 in extreme action (64 player with arty) but Im sure it should be better. Not a clue what I should do.

Other then that im at 50-100(max) pretty much the whole time. Sometimes it just dogs out

Comment

50+ player servers is when I will get into mid 20's and high 20s sometimes, I always use driver cleaner pro before installing new drivers so I dont think the problem is that

Comment

did this problem like recently being to happen, or has it always been there?

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe
              my fps drop into the high 20s some times on high video settings, does anyone elses?
              I've got that same setup with an athlon64 3800+ and I usually get 67ish fps on all high 4x aa, at lowest dips into high 30's

Comment

Originally posted by MazXFreddy
                I've got that same setup with an athlon64 3800+ and I usually get 67ish fps on all high 4x aa, at lowest dips into high 30's
                thats pritty awesome, aa kills my fps down to like 20 fps all the time, it seems like the problem started once I upgraded to 2 gigs of ram so I could run on high settings, cuz before when I had 1 gig I would run everything at high except for textures I think, I never could run everything at high with just 1 gig of ram, but now I have 2 and I dont get the laggy not enough ram lag, but since I run high settings Iam noticing these low fps sometimes and it gets unplayable on say a 50 man karkand server where everyone is around you

Comment

Yeah, I drop down lower on big servers too, but I try to stick to the 32 man servers and it runs great.

Comment

hell a 32man server I dont have any problems, see I upgraded to a 6800 gt and 2gigs of ram about at the same time

Comment

I have a 6800GT overclocked, an athlon xp 2600 @ 200x12, and OCZ Very-Expensive 2GB ram, 2x74GB Raptors and no spyware.

My absolute minimum is maybe 40 frames, and i run all maxed out as well as have my settings on "HighQuality" in the Nvidia Control Panel.

I dont know what you guy's problem is.

Comment

What is your monitors resolution?

Comment

my monitor is at 1600x1200 and 75refresh rate, my game res is 1280x960x85

Comment

Yes, I have 6800GT 256MB and 1,5G RAM and I experienced too the dramatic fps drop!! I torured myself 3 days and I finally coud get the point: the soundcards driver was wrong!!!!! no kidding, I made a format C: and everything you can imagine, but nothing helped except that audio driver..... turn to software mode and chech if your problem is the same! Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
                              Yes, I have 6800GT 256MB and 1,5G RAM and I experienced too the dramatic fps drop!! I torured myself 3 days and I finally coud get the point: the soundcards driver was wrong!!!!! no kidding, I made a format C: and everything you can imagine, but nothing helped except that audio driver..... turn to software mode and chech if your problem is the same! Good luck!!
                              I kinda know what you were getting, its a comon sound card problem, I have my sound card settings on hardware, and I have the right drivers for it, I take it when you had your problem you would get really low fps almost the whole game, my problem isent the same way

Comment

Working...
                              X