Moddeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moddeling

Dream on. It's MUCH harder than you think.

Comment

Re: Moddeling

I don't understand why you guys LOVE gmax so much. It's a bad version of 3ds max with a lot of the features are removed. One of the biggest disadvantages of gmax is you can't render your models. I mean come on, if you want to model for a game like BF2, what are you gonna do without rendering? And don't tell me about the other tools that render your model, none of them have the quality of 3ds max.

If you guys are students, and i am sure most of you are, just buy the student version of 3ds max from your campus store for $50. It has everything you need. Or if you are not student, that means you work, then pay for the program and get its licensed version. Its well worthed.

When you use gmax, at the beginning, you will feel very very happy, because everything looks like the same as 3ds max. but once you get to middle or end of your modeling process, you will understand without a proper rendering engine and every other feature that makes a program a professional modeling program, you won't get the quality that you need.

I have used gmax myself, don't get me wrong, if you are just going to model small objects, just boxes or barrels or little houses, that's ok. but if you are planning on making a jet fighter or a helicopter, you just can not make a good one in gmax. that's 2 x 2 = 4. If you could, then there wouldn't be a 3ds max software out there. and millions of people wouldn't buy it.

Comment

Working...
      X