• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Will This Run BF2?

Intel P4 2.4 ghz
    1 gb Ram
    SB Audigy 2
    PowerCooler x700 256mb gddr2 agp

Right now im playing on a ati 9550. 30 frames everything on medium 2x aa. I Have a Great Motherboard. What Can i Expect From my new x700?
    Can i get anything better for 120$ If So....Links.

Re: How Will This Run BF2?

Your x700 should be able to play with at least half the settings on high, if not more. You RAM will be your pc's downfall as for smooth play on all high settins you need 2 gigs. Also as your CPU is 2.4 (just the required) it may cause the game to be slightly laggy at times, but if you put the settings as i said before to half on high the rest on med with AA at 2x or 4x, then you should be able to have a lag free game.

Comment

i see that u also use the 9550....amazing it does what it does, as it is such an old card......ram is expensive....cant do that. I Want to run high on effects. textures. trees and stuff..dont remember the word for that. medium dynamics, high texture filter, and 100...on the uhh....last thing. geo on high
      and 4x aa.
      Will it do it?

Comment

Probably will run medium settings..with dynamic stuff on low. Dont expect too much from an X700 because its just a mid-end card. I would buy a 6600GT or even a 6800 for like $150+US.

My 6600GT, with a 2.4ghz @ 2.73ghz and 1gig of RAM can run this on texture filtering high, all the rest on medium @ 1280x1024 resolution @ 45+fps. If you want to play on the settings you mentioned above then a 6800 would probably play it.

Comment

Where would i find a 6800 for 150 $...i have to have 256 mb.
          This is what i think im gonna buy

Buy PowerColor Radeon X700 256MB GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card R41BG-ND3 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

Where would i find a 6800 for 150 $...i have to have 256 mb.
            This is what i think im gonna buy

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...TT=Video+Cards

^
            |
            |

I think that depends on what you have currently...

I'd personally spend a little more an a card than 110 bucks or wait a few weeks until the 1800xt's start to hit the market. Note you did seem to find a sweet spot with that one.

Generally the 200-250 range gets you pretty close to the bleeding edge for a new card.

If your looking in the 100-150 range have you tried used with e-bay??? or pricewatch for refurbs?

I'm basically going to start hitting up ebay for x850's soon.

Comment

It'll run alright, mostly med. 2xAA at 1024x678 with better fps than what you have now. AA kills fps escpecially on lower cards.

Comment

How About THis??
                Buy SAPPHIRE Radeon X800GTO 256MB GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card 100131 - GPUs / Video Graphics Cards with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

i see that u also use the 9550....amazing it does what it does, as it is such an old card......
                  You can actually still use the 9550 and get very good results.

I have slightly OC'ed mine, as you can see, i can run BF2 at all high, except dynamic litghting/shadows r on low, geometry is on med, AA 2x and filtering low.

The card handles ths overclocking fine and so if you are going to get a new card anyway i suggest that you try to OC it, just to see what yuo can get out of it.

Comment

ok...Im Getting The X700... i looked at the 6800GT and the x700 clocks are faster!!! I dont know what you people are taling about....im running med-high
                    on a 9550 with 30 frames...so....i cant wait to see what i can do with a
                    x700 256mb gddr2 OC

Comment

Originally posted by BeeF_driPPings
                      ok...Im Getting The X700... i looked at the 6800GT and the x700 clocks are faster!!! I dont know what you people are taling about....im running med-high
                      x700 256mb gddr2 OC
                      Clock speeds don't really matter that much. Check out this article done over at Anandtech, the 6800GT significantly beats the X700 in BF2 benchmarks.

Comment

That card is WAY newer than the x700 and will run ALOT better. The x700 was a flop. The new x800GTO and X800GT were the last 2 x800 cards released and they are cheap and fast. GO with the GTO man. Forget that x700.

Comment

x700 256mb gddr2 OC
                          hahah yea well the 6800gt is a 16 pipe card too. Its a WAY better card than the x700. The x700 competes with the 6600gt and it didnt do so hot against it either. That is why ATI released the x800GT.

Comment

yea well...im broke!!!!

Comment

yea...ok...would this be better than the one with GDDR2?
                              Buy HIS Hightech HX70Q128-3TOAN Radeon X700 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

its only 128mb but would i do better as far as playing in higher quality goes?
                              hmmm....newegg says its a 4x/8x card but on the box it only says 8x.
                              ITS A 4x CARD RIGHT....Im so confused....HELP ME. I have 130$ And
                              i need a new card!!!!
                              Should i get a refurbished 9800PRO 256MB? Would it run high?
                              Buy Open Box: ATI Radeon 9800PRO 256MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card 100-435105 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

or this one looks nice!!!!
                              Buy XFX GeForce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card PVT43ANDF3 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

or how would a 6800 do? Would a 128MB 6800 Do Good? High?

Comment

Working...
                              X