Just thinking about the game physics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thinking about the game physics.

I don't know if this topic was ever brought up, i am too lazy to search quite frankly.

Does anyone know if you can fly a jet in bf2 upside down at a constant speed and maintain lift??

I am wondering because irl that's not possible. In order to fly upside down irl you must have a constant increase in thrust.

Why?

Well if you don't know the theories of flight, there are four forces acting on a plane in flight. Gravity, Lift, Thrust, and Drag. You need Lift and Thrust to counteract Gravity and drag obviously. A plane's wing is shaped so that it is flat or near flat on bottom and curved on top, the reason for this is because air traveling around the wing wants to stay together and by making the top of the wing curved you force the air flowing above the wing to have to travel farther to reach the same point as the air below. Thus the air on bottom moves faster creating higher pressure below the wing and a higher pressure on top of the wing and creating lift.

Anyways, if you're flying upside down then your wings are creating a high pressure on the bootom of the wing and a low pressure on the bottom, thus lift is actually now working in conjunction with gravity resulting in a dive. At constant speed that is. To counteract this you'd have to fly faster and/or increase your angle of attack so that you're not parrallel to the ground but actually slightly nose up, but then you'd have to keep slightly adjusting this in order to fly at a certain altitude otherwise you'd start climbing.

So, can you fly upside down at a constant speed and altitude on BF2?

lol long post for such a question, just wondering.

Re: Just thinking about the game physics.

probably i ahvent tried but i can go upside down for a while but i usually just flip back over.

Comment

Re: Just thinking about the game physics.

DUDE bloody hell it's an Arcade FPS!

Comment

Working...
      X