just a word of warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a word of warning

Hi all, i made a big mistake and i dont want anyone out there to make the same one, so not get the Microsoft Wireless comfort plus keyboard, it is not compatible with any games!

And also, im going to get a new keyboard and i was wondering what these ZBoards are like?

Re: just a word of warning

some peoples never get it.

the worst things micro$oft produces, is not the buggy software, its the Hardware, especially mouse /keyboards...

Comment

ZBoards are great! I have one with the bf2 keyset and its really easy access to all of the stuff you need. It takes minutes to get used to the setup but it totally owns other keyboards.

Comes with a nice standard keyset aswell for general typing stuff.

Comment

I have a z-board and it's great, couldn't imagine not using it, really comfortable on fingers, would recommend.

Comment

Pobably the only niggle with the Zboard is their price. I payed £39.99 for the main keyboard, and £14.99 for the bf2 keyset. Thats like £55 for the whole deal. I mean if you are prepared to play games like bf2 on high then i would say another £55 for a very good keyboard wouldn't matter.

Comment

I use a Saitek Eclipse Keyboard. The letters dont rub off and each key is lighted.

Simple USB connected no disk needed. Cheaper than that Microwallet stuff that is out there.

Comment

I use a Microsoft Internet Keyboard...I have for probably four or five years now...I like it just fine, never had any problems. I fear now that changing keyboards would affect my play overall.

Comment

Dont by that crap! Hope you got the receit so you can return it and by something better. I used a wireless keyboard before, but i got angry of it after a week. It works too slow and it was to big.
                I use Logitech Ultra-X Flat Keyboard. Didn't cost much at all and are very neat. Love it!
                I use a usb mouse from Razor that is soo fast. ( http://www.razerzone.com/ )
                I recomend both!
                I only miss a joystick :/

Comment

Well I thought about buying a ZBOARD with the BF2 keyset but I put my hands on the regular ZBOARD before and it is just a weird feeling. I play BF2 almost everytime I am off work with my buddy a couple of hours. So how long did it take you guys to get used to that thing ? Some keys are in some weird positions, not like I have 'em set up on my "normal" keyboard. So how many people would recommend the ZBOARD along with the BF2 keyset ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stalker-NSDQ
                    Well I thought about buying a ZBOARD with the BF2 keyset but I put my hands on the regular ZBOARD before and it is just a weird feeling. I play BF2 almost everytime I am off work with my buddy a couple of hours. So how long did it take you guys to get used to that thing ? Some keys are in some weird positions, not like I have 'em set up on my "normal" keyboard. So how many people would recommend the ZBOARD along with the BF2 keyset ?
                    It took about 2 days to really get used to positions of keys, but they are all in the right place for easyness of use and I don't think I could go back to using a regular keyboard for games now.

And if you don't like the key positions you can always change them..

Comment

Oh the keys are exchangable ? Hmm well that gives the whole thing a different view ? Well I will go and buy me one tonite along with the BF2 keyset, but if it sucks I'll figure out your Flag Point and force you to buy it off from me :-) LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Stalker-NSDQ
                        Oh the keys are exchangable ? Hmm well that gives the whole thing a different view ? Well I will go and buy me one tonite along with the BF2 keyset, but if it sucks I'll figure out your Flag Point and force you to buy it off from me :-) LOL
                        I don't mean the actual keys themselves, but the program that comes with it you can set them to what ever you like so you aren't governed by what they set, don't by the bf2 keyset just yet the main difference is that the BF2 set has what they do written on it, you can use the game set that comes with it and change to BF2 in the settings (you can print out all the settings from the program)

Comment

Originally posted by convinced[GER]

the worst things micro$oft produces, is not the buggy software, its the Hardware, especially mouse /keyboards...
                          I whole heartedly disagree MS make fantastic mice and keyboards in fact i always buy microsft for that even on my linux box i have a microsoft mouse.

Comment

As for the thread starters problem sounds like bollocks to me mate no offence. The fact its wireless is irrelevant windows doesn't need to know its wireless and it certainly doesn't need any software.

So it should work fine its not realistically possible that its not compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by convinced[GER]

their hardware isnt ****, the MS Intellimouse Explorers are superb.

Each to their own though i suppose ...

Comment

Working...
                              X