sorry, really newbish question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry, really newbish question

i just started playing bf2 about 2 weeks ago(got over 70 hours roughly), and am absolutely addicted to the planes, even bought a joystick just for flying. ive noticed on wake island(prolly my favorite map) that the planes can hover off the ground? and i have no idea how to do that......and im tired of the newbs laying in front of my planes then punishing for a TK......seriously, when im 23-2 and some nub is 1-7.....shouldnt i have like, priority or somethin? lol
    anyways, if anyone can tell me how to hover, and if its possible with all planes?
    thanks in advance

Re: sorry, really newbish question

the U.S. jet can hover when u hold the backwards button, usually "s", i think thats its the only plane that can do that.

Comment

Yep, only the U.S. jets can hover, by holding your backwards key.

Comment

^^ Correct, but it is hard, it will not hover high, and when you are flying at 800 Kmph and you wanna slow to 20 its hard, hold down "s" and trit you nose up, thats how i do it, this keeps you altitude as constant as possible, it helps alot if you have to repair, you can hover oner your Aircraft Carrier.

Comment

just practice .. make an empty server wit a us carrier.. if u get good enough. u can take off like the space shuttle freakin fast

Comment

VTOL is pretty useless in BF2 really.
            Its quicker to take off and land without using it.

For take off jump into the cockpit, pop a wheely and afterburn, you'll be off the aircraft carrier in 2 seconds.

Comment

Hi, with a joystick...Pull back on the throttle to ZERO and you get Vertical Take Off & Landing (VTOL).

Comment

cool, thanks everyone, solved my problem

skunk i can do that kind of takeoff but the problem is the people that want to lay in front of the plane, then i get hit with a TK and a punish, but this solves that, thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                X