2 more sniping tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 more sniping tips

1. a good tip for sniping at short-medium ranges(sometimes long) is after you know you have connected with them(x appears onyuor crosshair) than whip out yuor pistol and begin to shoot at them, because usually if you hitem with a sniper rifle they will be down to 2 bars(if not dead) and 1 pistol shot is all it takes. ive killed many that way and will continue to.
    2. use the lines under the scope(i think the M95 is the only one w/them)i saw this tip a while ago and i tried it on wake island 2007. and suprisingly it actually worked. a guy was around 300-400 meters out(he had a flag near him so i saw distance) and i used the first bar under the main crosshair and i freaking nailed him.(i was so amazed that i hit him) it killed him to fyi. and i also use it when sniping at the island i will put their body about halfway between the 1st and main crosshair and i will hit them.(i am never at the tip of the island i am usually shooting from where the AA implacement is)
    3. in conclusion i cant stress enough how much these tactics will help you alot.
    Hope it helps ya,33rd[SS]Cpl.Punisher|M.A.G.33|

Re: 2 more sniping tips

Originally posted by punisher18
    1. a good tip for sniping at short-medium ranges(sometimes long) is after you know you have connected with them(x appears onyuor crosshair) than whip out yuor pistol and begin to shoot at them, because usually if you hitem with a sniper rifle they will be down to 2 bars(if not dead) and 1 pistol shot is all it takes. ive killed many that way and will continue to.
    2. use the lines under the scope(i think the M95 is the only one w/them)i saw this tip a while ago and i tried it on wake island 2007. and suprisingly it actually worked. a guy was around 300-400 meters out(he had a flag near him so i saw distance) and i used the first bar under the main crosshair and i freaking nailed him.(i was so amazed that i hit him) it killed him to fyi. and i also use it when sniping at the island i will put their body about halfway between the 1st and main crosshair and i will hit them.(i am never at the tip of the island i am usually shooting from where the AA implacement is)
    3. in conclusion i cant stress enough how much these tactics will help you alot.

Old news. And tip 2 sucks. What you experienced was bullit deviation. I always aim for the head no matter the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sllutmonkey69
      Old news. And tip 2 sucks. What you experienced was bullit deviation. I always aim for the head no matter the distance.
      I would personally say aim for the chest as then if it deviates up or down it will hit there legs or head and you have the arms at the side where as with the head if it devates between 270 degrees and 90 degree then theres nothing to hit unless they jump.

Comment

Tip two isent exactly the best tip I agree. The target might have already been injured which allow ed u an instant kill. The fact remains "There is no appreciable if ANY bullet drop in this game. Iv never witnessed it personally nor do I know anyone who has credibly experienced this. In fact I have read several articles which prove that there is no bullet drop. If anyone wants to test this out I will be willing to do some groups with you at set distances with one another aiming at a particular spot to indicate a drop of any appreciable amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Resonance
          Tip two isent exactly the best tip I agree. The target might have already been injured which allow ed u an instant kill. The fact remains "There is no appreciable if ANY bullet drop in this game. Iv never witnessed it personally nor do I know anyone who has credibly experienced this. In fact I have read several articles which prove that there is no bullet drop. If anyone wants to test this out I will be willing to do some groups with you at set distances with one another aiming at a particular spot to indicate a drop of any appreciable amount.
          yeah i obviously knew that he had been injured. but i dont really care what you say about tip#2 because it works for me. but what do ya think about tip#1? i think that one is a great tip for me at least.

Comment

Read this thread & watch the movie. Then tell me there is no bullet drop

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29533

Comment

Originally posted by SuperScythe
              Read this thread & watch the movie. Then tell me there is no bullet drop

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29533
              There is no bullit drop. People mixes bullit deviation and bullet drop just as Slutmonkey points out. The movie is wrong, it documents deviation not a constant drop. The next shot could go 0.02 upward and then he would have to claim that he discovered the "bullet jump".
              So there I told you

Comment

Originally posted by Sllutmonkey69
                Even if they're proning?

Comment

if you don't get a clear headshot, don't shoot.

Comment

yeah ... everything is deviation ... c4 droping on the ground ... deviation ... nades droping on the ground ... deviation ... all my M95 rounds hitting the dust 3 feets in front of my target ... deviation ... yeah ... people not listening to others peoples arguments ... IQ deviation ...

Comment

You know what...I read the title and figured I'd flame and add a stupid tip for sniping like "reloading"or "not sniping" because I thought this would be another lame post...but hats off to you...you made me realise something.

First of all I'm canadian, so that means we do stupid things like use imperial measurement for some things and metric for others. Where am I going with this? Well we use yards for short-range distance (a problem caused because of the CFL) and Km/h for speed, not to mention Time for vehicular distance (oh it's about 10 mins by car).

So my biggest problem was converting the perceived distance (target looks about 250 yards away) to metric while the sniping (scope is in meters). So basically, I was shooting by feel. Thanks to you...I can estimate range to target by looking at flags as distance markers....just like in golf.

Thanks...

FORE!

EDIT: THERE IS BULLET DROP ONCE AN FOR ALL...DON'T believe us..try sniping for a few rounds and aim below the target.

Originally posted by punisher18

Comment

There is NO bullet drop, me and friend tested this out on LAN, He got to nearly the max distance you can go to still be visible away from me with full health, I then aimed at his head with the M24 and fired. Guess what... It killed him first shot, there we go, no bullet drop and if you say that there is then you can go **** yourself.

Comment

why would I fcuk myself when I can fcuk ur mama? I'm not getting into this with you chump. Search the posts...see the vids, use the rifle then shut ur trap...other than that...

HAVE A NICE DAY...

Originally posted by Ashdown
                          There is NO bullet drop, me and friend tested this out on LAN, He got to nearly the max distance you can go to still be visible away from me with full health, I then aimed at his head with the M24 and fired. Guess what... It killed him first shot, there we go, no bullet drop and if you say that there is then you can go **** yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashdown
                            hey Ive got a great idea ... how about you start reading those posts instead of droping info about your useless tests?! The M24s bullet drop is almost not noticeable but the M95s drop certainly is. So read those fricken thread and try it yourself with a M95.

read this and the next page:

He slowed down the bullets, added a smoke trail just to see how the bullets move. any they ALL dropped.
                            Extremely slowed down M4 and highspeed C4:

... everything drops! nades, C4, tank-shels, nubtubes and YES! rifle bullets...

READ! THINK! READ AGAIN! DONT POST THAT THERE IS NO DROP

Comment

'Bullet Drop' as some of you are referring to it as, is actually known as trajectory. Simply put, the amount of downward movement the bullet takes during flight, due to the earth's gravitational forces exerting downward energy or pull on it. Think of it as a rather subtle elliptical looking, downward progression. In real life this is always a factor, albeit less intense the closer you are to your target. In BF2, I think I have witnessed these characteristics, but am uncertain because of possible computer performance issues. Incidentally, the bullet or projectile can not rise (at least within this physical aspect), it can only drop. That's the affect gravity has. Deviation, on the other hand reflects variance from intended course due to atmospheric, climatological and/or meteorological conditions. Wind, is the most significant of these. Humidity and other variations of moisture, can also be a factor, as can our old friend gravity. Comments about projectiles deviating from course usually make reference to horizontal or lateral variance, more so then standard downward gravitational pull. Let us not forget deflection. Projectile (bullet) veers from intended course because it was deflected by some force or object in mid flight. Usually not as much a factor as trajectory or deviation, but still entirely possible. OK, without making this more long winded and boring then I already have, I still must come back to the paramount question. Are these variables accurately portrayed in BF2? If so, or for that matter, an attempt has indeed been made by the developer to included them... how accurately, to what extent, etc. etc.?

Comment

Working...
                              X