Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is annyone having problems with their firewall con flicting with the patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is annyone having problems with their firewall con flicting with the patch?

I have noticed issues.

Re: is annyone having problems with their firewall con flicting with the patch?

EA told us about 5 weeks ago that it's best to play BF2 with the firewall OFF.

Comment

That is what I have had to do, I don't like doing that.

Comment

Agree with XM DUDE, what's the utility for a FW if you have to unload it when you launch an app' ? Another EA lack of support and customer-care...

Comment

What firewall do you use, has anyone noticed it is worse or better with a certain type of firewall.

Comment

I am running a cisco 871 router with built in firewall and have not seen any issues at all. FYI.

Comment

- better with zonealarm DEINSTALLED. even disabled, it continues to make something on the connection. BF2 (and bf42 and bfv i remember) and zonealarm are not friends
              - better with kerio unloaded.

Comment

are you talking about hardware or software FWs ?

Comment

^ thanks for that cause i'm running zonealarm and even when i don't have it running i have probs

Comment

SW, most of us aren't cool enough for HW

Comment

ok so keep in mind that zonealarm is really DEEP in the system, too deep i think. the only way to disable it is to deinstall it completly. noticed problems beetween ZA and all the BF's, enemy territory, warcraft3 and WoW. the best is to have a router-firewall (modem-router-FW-accesspoint for me), and creating rules for each of the apps and computers u use. theorically no need for a SW FW. Everyone agree ?

Comment

I have Nortons fire wall and it dosen't like BFII

Comment

I run NIS 2005. I disable the virus protection, but leave my firewall enabled. I've never had any noticeable problems. I'm also behind a NetGear router.

Comment

i couldnt install the patch until i turned off my norton internet security 2005 and all background programs but once the patch was installed i turned them back on and have had no problems, i keep my firewall on however i do grant BF2.exe access.

Edit: yeah i am also on a router, i cannot host (port forwarding eh?) but i do not have any problems connecting to anything. if your gonna leave yourself open on the net then you'd better format your HDD once you get protection again, you can pick up some nasty things just browsing the web or dloading from kazaa (which my NIS 2005 regularly finds and kills).

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                              EA told us about 5 weeks ago that it's best to play BF2 with the firewall OFF.
                              Do you have a link or something to this "advice"?? So that if it is a official EA line I can use it to raise hell with them for giving out dangerous advice...

- diGriz

Comment

Working...
                              X