Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is being the commander becoming less popular?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is being the commander becoming less popular?

I have been in alot of games with no commander at all, so i jump in and command.

Re: Is being the commander becoming less popular?

did your team win? some commanders abondone ship if they see if the team is going get owned

Comment

Other people have been posting complaining that they can't find a server that doesn't already have a commander.

Consider yourself lucky !

Comment

I don't play commander because you get no points for it. I'm not a point whore, but I'm not going to play a whole map and only get 30 or so points if I'm lucky. If they changed the points system for the commander, then I'd be a commander more often. Since I have higher ranks than most of the others in the game, I could be it, but I don't. I did earlier today just so I could drop some supply crates for me to use because no one was commander. Someone started a vote to mutiny me and when I saw that, I resigned. Then for the next 4 or 5 minutes, there was still no commander. Too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by rymaples
          I don't play commander because you get no points for it. I'm not a point whore, but I'm not going to play a whole map and only get 30 or so points if I'm lucky. If they changed the points system for the commander, then I'd be a commander more often. Since I have higher ranks than most of the others in the game, I could be it, but I don't. I did earlier today just so I could drop some supply crates for me to use because no one was commander. Someone started a vote to mutiny me and when I saw that, I resigned. Then for the next 4 or 5 minutes, there was still no commander. Too funny.
          Play on Strike of Karland 64, Because everyone else score is so high i get a high score, Normaly its in the 90s

other mpas is in the 40 to 60s

Comment

I certianly play it less than I used to.

It was very difficult pre-patch to get someone to hang back and help protect the assets. Now that the patch gives SF an incentive to come blow things up it is darn near impossible.

You are left as commander with no arty, no UAV, and no Scan. Dropping boxes and spotting as best you can, yippee.

I find I am more useful to the team to get my butt out and fight or cap flags.

Not only is commander much less fun, it is not worth it point wise.

Comment

It's definately tougher on commander's since the patch. There's people that like just going there and blowing everything up for the measly points and of course people aren't that enthusiastic about repairing it. I just played with a squad on Wake that played the whole round trying to get to the us island on wake to blow up the arty.

Comment

Artillery kills no longer count for the commander, so I could easily see this happening.

Comment

Working...
                X