Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi front mic port not enabled in BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi front mic port not enabled in BF2

Just to let you all know that there appears to be a bug with BF2 where it doesn't recognise that the LINE2/MIC2 connection should be used for voice even though Windows Audio Properties has this enabled as the recording device.

Haven't logged this yet as thought I should throw it out to the community to check my facts first.

VOIP works if I go around the back (steady!) but twiddling the knobs and sticking it in the front does nothing.

Yes - I am using 1.03 and the latest drivers from the Creative website.

Re: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi front mic port not enabled in BF2

This is what it says at the EA support site:

Question
    Why doesn't a secondary microphone port work with VOIP?
    Answer
    Make sure that the microphone is plugged into your primary sound card's Mic 1 port. Battlefield 2 does not recognize secondary microphone ports. Secondary microphone ports include non-primary ports on your sound card as well as sound ports in the front of your computer and Live! Drive ports.
    However in my old PC in BF2, I used a secondary front mic, but haven't tried in my X-FI yet though..

Comment

Re: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi front mic port not enabled in BF2

I hadn't seen that post at EA........Why doesn't it work? Because it doesn't. Brilliant!

I've been complaining about this for months. I like using my Live Drive so I can adjust mic sensitivity while in-game. How hard is it to tell the game to leave my settings alone?? I have my pc configured the way I like it. I don't need or want your game changing my settings!

Comment

Working...
      X