Custom maps CTD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom maps CTD?

I'm making a map and when I try it, it CTD's every single time...

this something new with v1.03?

Re: Custom maps CTD?

Please be more specific - noone can help you if you just say it ctd and thats it.
    Tell us how and when etc...

How much does it load before you ctd?
    Du you run it by opening standalone server or hosting from inside the game?
    Try to run the game in windowed mode to get the error message which will make it easier to determin the error.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirelli
      Please be more specific - noone can help you if you just say it ctd and thats it.
      Tell us how and when etc...

How much does it load before you ctd?
      Du you run it by opening standalone server or hosting from inside the game?
      Try to run the game in windowed mode to get the error message which will make it easier to determin the error.
      ok

it loads maybe 30-50% before ti ctd's
      i have tried it as singleplayer or multiplayer, at 16/32/64 sizes

the level is still simple...I was just trying to see if I could get into the level

basically just 2 control points(1 ch 1 us), a few spawn points at each, a spawn jeep at each side, and a few buildings...

Comment

This may help. Make a second BF2 Shortcut on your desktop. Right click and go to properties. In the TARGET field, after "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe", put in space +menu 1 +fullscreen 0. Your target should now read: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 0. Then when you want to debug your map, simply load up BF2 with the regular shortcut, change the resolution to 800x600. Apply the video changes. Shut down BF2. Now you are ready to debug your map. Load up BF2 with the second shortcut you made, and when your map crashes you should receive a error box you can get info from, or post the error here for help. Good way to do this is to hit the printscreen button on your keyboard. This will take a screenshot of your desktop along with the error you are receiving. Load up microsoft PAINT program, go to Edit/paste. Save the screen to whereever/whatever you want. Good Luck. Hope this helps.

Comment

I will post a link to the error pic as soon as I can get my post count up (no html links until 10 posts rule) and it also seems like it isn't counting my posts correctly..

stay tuned!

Comment

ok here we go

here's the pic of the error

what can I do to fix it?
            <!--StartFragment --> http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=325295

Comment

ok I didn't have any overgrowth, so I put some in

that solved that prob, but now I have this one

<!--StartFragment --> http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=325351

Comment

Working...
              X