Idea for BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for BF2

What if we could pick up ammo boxes and med kits for later use?

Heres how it could work. You will have to go near an ammo box/med kit and press a button such as "e" to store it. You have three empty slots that you could store it in.
    To store an ammo box, you must be maxed out on ammo. To store a med kit, your health bar must be maxed out.
    To use these items, you simply press either 6,7, or 8 and then click the left mouse button. You are not able to drop these items for other players, but you can discard them.
    Support will not be able to pick up ammo boxes and Medics will not be able to pick up med kits.

So what do you guys think?

Re: Idea for BF2

It would be nice but then what's the point in having 4 magazines, 4 nades and such? Those are your "ammo boxes." So now the soldier is carrying and extra 40lbs or more of supplies. Would be nice when there's no supply guys and you're in the middle of nowhere but it would defeat the purpose of already having extra mags.

Comment

I always though it would be nice if at certain flags\important control points there was an arms chest where you could swap kits. Here I am at this airfireld that spawns tanks, jets and attack choppers but I can't pick up that m16 off the table when the enemy comes pouring in?

Seems like it make base defense a little more viable.

Comment

The extras would weigh you down making you slower.

Comment

lol its a idea.

Comment

Maybe, but it would be a waste if you picked up a medic kit on the ground and then you got in a plane or something and someone with one bar of health comes limpin around looking for health. Also, would you be able to use the ammo in veichles like planes and chopper?

Comment

i think it is good like they did the ressuplies and heals in BF2! In a real battle you wouldn't have a medic tent or a resupply station at the next position you attack! Probably you could get these items when you have taken control over a spawnpoint!

Comment

It works like this in the Vietcong 2 demo, you can pick up medkits to use it later if you get injured.

Comment

I proposed these can be unlocks or special items you recieve like badges and such. Example of this would be to unlock an extra slot for ammo so instead of 4 clips you unlock a slot to give you 6 clips now. Another unlock would be bandages, you get 1 bandage per respawn.. Just little extras you can unlock for "your" account through the stat system. Currently stats give you ranks, awards and 7 unlocks.. This way it can make for more to work for. Lets say these can be special unlocks for "teamwork" points. Commander calls a takeover you get x amount of "teamwork" points for following orders. Accum the points to unlock the bandages, extra ammo etc..

Comment

If you go do this though, why not store an AT gun with your {insert all the equipment a medic has} when you find a downed AT soldier?

Comment

Working...
                    X