Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the Co-pilot seat in a BH used for? Looks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Co-pilot seat in a BH used for? Looks?

Was flying around in a Blackhawk today and noticed that there's a second seat in the front...a co-pilot's seat.

Was this seat the "gunner's seat" that they had planned pre-launch when the BH had rockets???

Re: What's the Co-pilot seat in a BH used for? Looks?

Originally posted by Harmor
    Was flying around in a Blackhawk today and noticed that there's a second seat in the front...a co-pilot's seat.

Was this seat the "gunner's seat" that they had planned pre-launch when the BH had rockets???
    That's where the pilot keeps his packed lunch so that he can fly for longer around the flags

Comment

^lol....who knows what the 2nd seat is for....maybe its for the pilots guide on "Do You Know How To Get A 70% of Jeans?" lol

Comment

it so when he hits the HS hey can ask the girls if they want to take a ride in his BH

Comment

The co-pilot seat is there as a convenient place for the pilot's head to land after being sniped.

Comment

The co-pilot's seat is there because it's there in real life and because it would look silly without it.

Comment

I remember the days of Desert Combat that seat was used for a spotter, basically useless, but in this version with arty, it might prove somewhat effective.

Comment

I suppose if the pilot was sniped, the copilot could swap seats?

Comment

extra seating? I never thought about it before.

Comment

Like he said, in DC the guy could spot for the M109's. Could be used as another seat though, and maybe give him some ability to spot ground targets.

Comment

because if the co-pilots seat was the pilots seat wed be in england!

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt_Chris
                        because if the co-pilots seat was the pilots seat wed be in england!
                        :rofl: that made me laugh so hard.

BF2 has a limit of 6 players in a vehicle just as BF42. Do that math yourself!

Comment

In real-life, I believe co-pilots also have the stick to fly the UH-60. I also believe this applies to nearly every military helicopter.

Comment

Yes they do. All helicopters (US) have this and pilot / gunner are both aviators. Cant speak for other nations as I havent been in many of their hellicopters.

Comment

Wow, that would be an interesting idea for a mod group. Have some sort of vehicle (air or ground) that was controlled by two people at once.

~Salad

Comment

Working...
                              X