Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being Switched Teams while Missles/Bombs are in the air == TK & Team Vehicle Damage!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Switched Teams while Missles/Bombs are in the air == TK & Team Vehicle Damage!!

Ok I'm getting tired of this switching teams while my missiles/bombs are in the air.

I was just in an MEC APC and fired my rocket at a USMC APC...well he killed me and I was "You were placed on the other team by the server," and my rocket now hit the USMC APC (-2 point Team Vehicle Damage), TK'ed the two USMC guys in it (-4 points each) AND they both punished me (-4 each).

Now this wasn't a "red bug", but rather being switched and your rockets/bombs while you were on the other team don't remember.

I was playing on:

Server IP: 64.69.47.128:16567
    Server Name: -=GOs=-GameOnSoldiers/RANKED

Perhaps its their BF2cc script that they are running that is causing the problem???

Re: Being Switched Teams while Missles/Bombs are in the air == TK & Team Vehicle Dama

Yup, welcome to the auto-retarded-switching system, it sucks.

Comment

Re: Being Switched Teams while Missles/Bombs are in the air == TK & Team Vehicle Damage!!

so always remember: CREATE a team...this fixes it...they dont move squad leaders

Comment

Re: Being Switched Teams while Missles/Bombs are in the air == TK & Team Vehicle Damage!!

My best one was shooting AA missiles at a hovering black hawk.

I fired off my ERYX, then jumped in the AA and shot the two missiles. One of the minigunners then mowed me down, I got teamswitched, the missiles hit and I got two teamkills to start the round with.

This was pre-1.03 patch anyway, but I doubt they have fixed it. I never saw a commander unlucky enough to get killed and teamswitched (again, pre-1.03) while the artillery was firing, but that would be funny... sort of.

Comment

Re: Being Switched Teams while Missles/Bombs are in the air == TK & Team Vehicle Dama

Originally posted by tool62
          so always remember: CREATE a team...this fixes it...they dont move squad leaders

Not everyone can be a squad leader or a commander. there is a limit on the max number of squads.

Comment

I think that only those unassigned should be moved about, not just unit leaders/commanders.

Comment

I also agree that only lone wolves should be auto-switched..in fact, that is how BF2CC does it. So I try and only play on BF2CC controlled servers.

More on-topic...how often could this actually happen though? I mean, it's not something that is going to happen every game. I doubt anything will be done about it. Any 'fix' I can foresee would simply lead to exploits.

This really doesn't qualify as a bug. Just join BF2CC servers...problem solved. Maybe DICE (yeah, right) will add squad members to the 'do not switch' list in a future patch (but I doubt it).

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                I also agree that only lone wolves should be auto-switched..in fact, that is how BF2CC does it. So I try and only play on BF2CC controlled servers.

More on-topic...how often could this actually happen though? I mean, it's not something that is going to happen every game. I doubt anything will be done about it. Any 'fix' I can foresee would simply lead to exploits.

This really doesn't qualify as a bug. Just join BF2CC servers...problem solved. Maybe DICE (yeah, right) will add squad members to the 'do not switch' list in a future patch (but I doubt it).
                The fix should be, if you are going to be auto-switched, then wait 5 seconds AFTER you're dead so whatever you shot lands (bombs/missiles/etc...).

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
                  The fix should be, if you are going to be auto-switched, then wait 5 seconds AFTER you're dead so whatever you shot lands (bombs/missiles/etc...).
                  Exactly! The problem is that if you die in a vehicle you are "killed", not just "critically wounded". The teamswitch happens instantly after you are killed.

In my example, I was sitting in the stationary AA emplacement, this is considered a vehicle, so the black hawk's miniguns killed me instantly, rather than giving the 15 seconds of "critically wounded" time that would happen otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                  X