Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win xp problems not letting me play Bf2 right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win xp problems not letting me play Bf2 right?

Windows xp was giving me problems for some time now so I just reinstalled it. After I reinstalled it my key did not work no more so I was like wtf is this! I called Microsoft and they gave me a new key When I tried to update to sp 2 it said win xp was corrupt or some $hit like that to repair win xp. I did a repair and it asked for a new activation key wtf so I called again and the mofos didn't give me one . Right now I'm running win xp sp1 with no activation on it. The thing that hurts me the more is that my drivers don't install right I get a ati error when windows loads So I lag like hell in BF2 with medium settings I used to play at max setting and no lag . Is win xp the one making me get low fps because it's sp1 and I have not activated it yet? or could it be something else? I also notice that on the direct x thing under display AGP texture acceleration is not available but before I did this BS win xp install it was enabled .

P.S. Should I buy a new Win XP CD ? or shoot Bill gay in the face? PM me if you know how to shoot Bill gay. Yes I am mad

*To the mod who locked my other post* BF2 is rated T not E, you could have just edited the topic title no need to lock it people where helping me out.

Re: Win xp problems not letting me play Bf2 right?

first i would get to the root of your win XP problem... because if you find whats MESSING that up, youll also see what is MESSING up BF2. windows xp is the foundation of your pc (other then hardware) so if the foundation is shaky and unstable, eanything you put on it will be too.

Comment

Originally posted by AFMAN10
      first i would get to the root of your win XP problem... because if you find whats MESSING that up, youll also see what is MESSING up BF2. windows xp is the foundation of your pc (other then hardware) so if the foundation is shaky and unstable, eanything you put on it will be too.
      IMO the only problem with Win XP is that it's old ( sp1 no updates) and activated or does this not have nothing to do with it?

Comment

well... you may not be getting updates because you need to activate it. i would call Microsoft and throw a fit... did you pay for your compy of XP? if so, they can not say no... DONT LET THEM SAY NO... ask to speak with a superviser etc...

Good luck

Comment

well... you may not be getting updates because you need to activate it. i would call Microsoft and throw a fit... did you pay for your compy of XP? if so, they can not say no... DONT LET THEM SAY NO... ask to speak with a superviser etc...

Good luck
          I cant find the damn # for microsoft the one I use to activate just tells me that he can't help bye... what kind of ( BF2 is rated T) is that? Thanks for your help Anyone know is why AGP texture acceleration is not available? it used to be available

Comment

you talking about the Key for microsoft XP? if its a comp you got at a store i.e. Dell, HP, Compaq etc... there should be a sticker on the computer case somewhare... usually on one of the qorners.

Comment

you talking about the Key for microsoft XP? if its a comp you got at a store i.e. Dell, HP, Compaq etc... there should be a sticker on the computer case somewhare... usually on one of the qorners.

Yeah I'm talking about the key and it's in the little book that came with xp when I got it but the key is not working no more because I changed my motherboard once and microsoft gave me a activation key but they dont want to give it to me again :cry:

Comment

The key for WinBlows XP should work regardless of whether you installed a new MOBO, I have installed new harddrives many times and while it is horribly annoying all you need to do is reactivate every time WinBlows decides you have changed too many components.

If I find a good way to shoot Bill Gay in the face I'll let you know

Anything microsoft SUCKS.

Comment

the only problem i know Windows XP was giving me with BF2 was the SP2 firewall disabling my punkbuster, and it would kick me from servers

Comment

I second Mutrino, XP's key don't have anything to do with ur hardware.
                    If you can't activate it, find a crack to de-activate the activation or pass thru it,. there's alot of them in the net. Ur windows is legal and u have a key, don't mind with activations.

Cheerz.

Comment

Originally posted by FLYWAYchat
                      I second Mutrino, XP's key don't have anything to do with ur hardware.
                      If you can't activate it, find a crack to de-activate the activation or pass thru it,. there's alot of them in the net. Ur windows is legal and u have a key, don't mind with activations.

Cheerz.
                      yor right it wasnt windows, I had not yet reinstall my chipset drivers but I still have the windows problem i'm finding a way to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                      X