Rocket disappears when you die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket disappears when you die?

I searched in the bug reports, but couldn’t find this mentioned.

When you play as anti-tank and fire a handheld rocket towards an enemy, it disappears if you die immediately afterwards, even though it’s in the air, dead set on target. It should continue in a straight line, but it doesn't: it’s like it vanishes with you when you die. You get no kill, no damage done, nothing.

This is not the case if you fire a rocket from a stationary weapon, for instance against a tank. If the tank at the same time fires at you, you can both get points for killing each other: the way it should be with the handheld rocket versus a rifle as well. If you fire first, your rocket is underway.

Has happened to me a lot of times. Irritating as h*ll, especially if you’re the last in in your team and encounter a buggy with three enemies standing next to your last remaining control point, the flag descending rapidly. You fire a rocket at them, they fire at you. You die – they polish their nails and read a magazine… J

Btw, who submits these bug reports to EA/Dice? Seems like they offer no official way of letting them know about bugs or giving them suggestions about improvements.

Re: Rocket disappears when you die?

That happen to me alot i even had rockets go straight threw vehicles.

Comment

Yeah same here ..it dose the same with clayrmores/mines/grenades/c4 right when you trow/shoot em and if you die nothing happens

Comment

I killed several guys with the AT rocket after firing it and then get killed before the rocket hits the target. I feel that what you are saying is not hapening with me. Maybe you get killed while guiding the rocket... this mean that rocket probably went astray after you were killed. this is most likely the case with you guys.

Comment

at rockets don't disapear, but when you die the launcher goes down and the misile goes also down because it's guided

Comment

I've noticed that 9 times out of 10 mt AT rocket seems to disappear except in the cases where the rocket is already 'on top of' it's target.

Comment

Usually it "dissappears" after I die. But not always. I think what's happening is you falling backwards causes the wire guiding system to tell the missle to go up.

Comment

i hate when the rockets disapper when you die i have had them go through tanks cars apcs and i just hate when that happens but what i hate the most is when nothing comes out of the TOW anyone ever get that

Comment

When the rocket goes through a vehicle then that is probably a lag issue. I think DICE did not do a good enough code to predict the motion of each player to minimize the lag problems. It happens sometimes even when the lag of all of the players is not that terrible. For example I do not expect such a problem when the two players have a ping ~100ms. predicting the position of the rocket and the moving car for a 250ms should not be that hard and can be very reliable if you use the very simple physics laws of motion.

Many multiplayer games have this prediction capability. It is not something from my imagination.

I am not sure what you mean by "the TWO does nothing"

Comment

Working...
                  X