Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red-name bug relative ?

Here's something funky I encountered earlier today :

He's dressed up as MEC, he'd kill me on sight, yet it said he teamkills me each time. Scoreboards shows him as being on my team, yet when he went to capture the flag, it would turn towards MEC's side...

On a side-note, how's this possible ? :

He was planting C4 on a tank, I shot him, 2 seconds later it blows... :hmm:

Re: Red-name bug relative ?

Yes there are different variations of "The Red Tag Bug" all of which I've experienced at one time or another.

Your question regarding the C4 on a tank, and you shooting the guy and 2 seconds later it blows..

His C4 was still on the tank when it was hit by an AT rocket or AT mine and the C4 detonated in the explosion giving the dead guy the kill.
    This usually happens to a someone trying to place more C4 after a Spec ops teammate has died.

Comment

this but can go very far, I have had situations where I killed the enemy and got the message "you killed ...." but in the score list I got punished for a teamkill over and over.

Where teammates show up as red, shoot them down just by reflex, but I get points for it.

Comment

on a very interesting note. i play commander quite a bit, and occaisionally i get a "blue" bug.. enemy troops will show up as friendlies on my screen. they capture for the enemy team, and sound like our troops. for the red bug the afflicted player will (should) sound like hes on the enemy team. (eg i was playing china, and my bugged comrade sounded like a US marine..). that being said, i find the models easy enough to distinguish, so i dont really tk that much :P.

Comment

I've gotten a uniform bug a couple of times now. I was on the MEC side, but my uniform was the USMC's. I'm just glad that FF was off, because everyone on my team started shooting me when I spawned. What was even better was the other team thought that I was on their team as well. I started capturing a flag when an entire squad comes charging into the flag capture area. I thought I was dead, but they just set up camp around me. I planted a c4 and blew it after getting out of the way. Man they were ****ed, even more ****ed when they couldnt find the punish script popping up. As far as I can tell, it happens when the server tried to autoswitch you and ends up not happening. When this glitch happened, I was supposed to be on the MEC team by default becuase that was the last team I played. When I loaded, it said that I was autoswitched to the other team. I was excited becuase I dont get to play US that often. When I went to spawn, I could only choose the MEC weapons and flags, so I chose one of the flags and my gun and spawned, only to still be in the USMC uniform.

Comment

with that bug you can practically render the opposing commander useless since you can see where he is on the map. Just sneak around their base and get free kills while he's occupied in commanding screen.

Comment

Working...
            X